Rank list is due!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medgirl81

PGY1
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
And it's making me quite nervous all of the sudden. I made mine three weeks ago and forgot about it, but now that the deadline is actually tomorrow, I'm beginning to rethink things. I feel like on one hand it might be stupid to change anything last minute (like thirty seconds before the end of the exam where you change your answer from B to D for no good reason and end up getting it wrong). But on the other...

Anyone else thinking along the same lines?

I keep trying to picture my face opening different envelopes, but that strategy isn't working well.

Members don't see this ad.

Please don't make any last minute changes unless you have a really strong reason to do so. I have heard stories of people making last minute changes and then regretting it. Trust your list from three weeks ago. Don't let your anxiety muddy your thinking.

dont worry, im doing the same thing. my list has been certified for weeks, but last night i suddenly felt like changing everything. i didnt, but i really wanted to. i wasn't nervous about matching until yesterday either. suddenly everything hit me like a weight, and thoughts of scrambling kept me up half the night! i just can't wait til its all over

Members don't see this ad :)
Its driving me crazy too- trying to balance the actual program and the location they are in... ARGGG- 2 more hours and its over

I called a respected friend last night for his thoughts, and I sort of walked out of that conversation ...wanting to completely rearrange the entire order of my list....

fortunately though, I was able to think my way out of a possibly new list, and re-discovered my original reasons for my initial list. I did that three times...:idea:

I wonder if any of us would be free from doubt, if we had 4 more weeks to think about it. probably not.

Its driving me crazy too- trying to balance the actual program and the location they are in... ARGGG- 2 more hours and its over

Program vs. location has been killing me. I almost went in and changed everything in favor of location a few minutes ago, but refrained. Just leaving it as is (from 2 weeks ago) and seeing what happens.

Gonna be exciting on match day because my top 4 are all over the place location-wise, from coast to coast. So, could be moving a couple hour drive or a couple day drive from where I am now.

Hope everyone on here ends up content with their lists by 9 pm... try not to second guess yourself too much (as I sit hear second guessing myself :) )

Program vs. location has been killing me. I almost went in and changed everything in favor of location a few minutes ago, but refrained. Just leaving it as is (from 2 weeks ago) and seeing what happens.

ARRRGGHHHH! Me too!!!!! I freaked out, went in and changed my list at 6:30 and then freaked out again, changed it back to my original list one hour before it closes! :eek: What was I thinking???? :laugh:

rank programs I dont love or take my chance with the scramble if I dont get my top 4:confused:

ah, and here i was thinking i was the only one placing this much emphasis on location...program vs. location became my biggest internal debate

ah, and hear i was thinking i was the only one placing this much emphasis on location...program vs. location became my biggest internal debate

So, what did you go with... program or location?

#1 program
#2-3 location
#4-5 program
6-10 by overall feeling... I would have loved to have only ranked 1-5 but got scared the last minute. Hope I didnt make a mistake

i went with location ... because none of my programs are "bad" (although some are a bit better than others)

... but i've sacrificed enough of my 20s ... im going out with a bang, dammit.

im right there with you razz...
too many years, months, MINUTES have been spent on medicine in an area i dont even like...its time to go to an area that excites your soul and wets your appetite for adventure outside of academia! :p

rock on with your bad self! :laugh:

:luck: :luck: :luck: everyone!

Gonna be exciting on match day because my top 4 are all over the place location-wise, from coast to coast.
For me, not exactly coast to coast, yet my top three are strikingly different as far as location...I suppose I will find out on March 15 what kind of culture I will be living in for the next 4 yrs. This is, of course, assuming I match.

Can I just point out that a lot of the anxiety comes from not wanting to make the "wrong" decision but in reality you are probably choosing from a number of good options so there isn't really a wrong decision... Hope that helps.

Can I just point out that a lot of the anxiety comes from not wanting to make the "wrong" decision but in reality you are probably choosing from a number of good options so there isn't really a wrong decision... Hope that helps.

good perspective. Thanks. :)

I ended up with a mix of compromising between my wife's programs, location, and quality of program....Made for an interesting ROL.

im right there with you razz...
too many years, months, MINUTES have been spent on medicine in an area i dont even like...its time to go to an area that excites your soul and wets your appetite for adventure outside of academia! :p

rock on with your bad self! :laugh:

hell yeah!

I always wonderd why hello kitty doesn't have a mouth.

I always wonderd why hello kitty doesn't have a mouth.

yeah yeah, very clever. google it- you'd be surprised that people have actually taken the time to come up with theories in regards to your query. people, she's a cartoon. i highly doubt sanrio is an anti feminist company that is trying to make the statement that women have nothing important to say. anyone who knows H.K. knows that, with or without a mouth, she's still a fiesty female.

Hmmm. I was thinking more along the lines of not being able to eat, but maybe that is the future psychiatrist in me.