Rank list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frenchfries1234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sooooo who wants to start?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll start if people are afraid to. Really curious to see where else people liked this year.

1. U of washington
2. Ucsf
3. Vandy
4. Mgh
5. WashU
6. Duke
7. Yale
8. Michigan
9. BIDMC

I note a notable shift away from the east coast. Not surprising.

Members don't see this ad :)
My list was really long and complicated because of couples match but top 5 in no particular order were:

-UCSF
-Stanford
-Hopkins
-Upenn
-Cornell

Grace...looks like you applied derm too. Did you rank that above or below path?

They were intermixed with the path programs since my SO didn't get interviews at most of the places I got derm interviews. I may have ranked them higher if the locations had been different.

Did path programs know you were doing derm at the same time? If so, did they care?

Turkey sandwich.

Last edited:
Top 4, no particular order. Would be happy at any of them.
Stanford
Wash U
UW
UVA

Cheers.

1. Hopkins
2. UCSF
3. Cornell
4. MGH
5. Penn
6. BWH
7. Stanford
8. BIDMC
9. Columbia
10. Yale

Apparently they are afraid, of what I do not know. Hopefully none of you failed to match, and when Friday rolls around you get one of your top choices. On a sad note, pathology had the highest proportion of unfilled spots pre-SOAP.

Oh, I'll play.

1. UTSW
2. UCLA
3. U Washington- AP only
4. U Washington- AP/CP
5. UCSF
6. USC
7. Emory
8. Duke
9. UCSD
10. UCI
11. Cedars-Sinai
12. UCLA- Harbor
13. UC-Davis

Path really had the most unfilled spots? I had heard this year applications were down significantly but I'd be surprised if it had more unfilled spots than prelim-surgery, family medicine or even anesthesia.

Path had the most unfilled spots of a categorical residency leading to board eligibility (51). Prelim surgery had over 400 positions.

Path really had the most unfilled spots? I had heard this year applications were down significantly but I'd be surprised if it had more unfilled spots than prelim-surgery, family medicine or even anesthesia.

Why is this surprising? AMGs actively avoid pathology since there are so many better alternatives (even the similar radiology, going through its own phase of pathology-ness, has the potential to get out of it and return to its glory; for path the last time it had glory was in the 70s)

What's also going to be unsurprising is that most of these will eventually fill with nincompoops.

I'd be surprised if they didn't fill.

No I don't think it has the most total unfilled spots, I meant in proportion to filled spots.