Rank list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kiara

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the rank list can be resubmitted more than once?

Members don't see this ad.

I think there is a fee if you submit and later have to change your list. Does anyone know the last day you can submit?

I believe the last date for submission is Jan 5th at noon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but you can submit your rank list any time before Jan 5, and it's seen as your "final" list. However, up until Jan 5, you can click "clear rank list" and do so without a fee. So, if you want to have something in there just for comfort right now, don't feel like it'll cost you to modify it.

ah ok thats what I was wondering - if you can submit a rank list now (before jan 5) and then keep changing/modifying it. Is there a fee though to do it? When I google searched it there isnt any info on the sf match for ophthalmology but other sf matches do charge a fee to resubmit

I just changed mine today, no fee :)

so "submit final" isn't actually finalizing your list?

No, it is finalizing your list. If you leave it just as is, that will be the list you've submitted. SF match sends you an email letting you know that your list has been submitted. However, you can clear it, and re-do it, for free. When you clear it, SF match also sends you an email saying list cleared. Just try it, I swear it will work exactly as above (and if you take the time to read the FAQs etc, you'll find this all on the sf match website as well). Or, ask sf match yourself if you don't believe what you read on SDN. They usually respond within a few hours.

No, it is finalizing your list. If you leave it just as is, that will be the list you've submitted. SF match sends you an email letting you know that your list has been submitted. However, you can clear it, and re-do it, for free. When you clear it, SF match also sends you an email saying list cleared. Just try it, I swear it will work exactly as above (and if you take the time to read the FAQs etc, you'll find this all on the sf match website as well). Or, ask sf match yourself if you don't believe what you read on SDN. They usually respond within a few hours.

For some reason, I am having a tough time findings anything about submission of rank list on any of the FAQ pages. Where did you find the FAQ abt rank list submissions, etc?

For some reason, I am having a tough time findings anything about submission of rank list on any of the FAQ pages. Where did you find the FAQ abt rank list submissions, etc?

Instructions are here: http://www.sfmatch.org/residency/ophthalmology/getting_started/steps.htm

Once you are ready to submit your rank list, print a copy before submitting and then review the confirmation email you receive after submission to ensure that it is correct. Furthermore, you CAN delete your entire Rank List, up until the rank list deadline. When viewing your Rank List page, click "Clear Rank List" button. Confirm clearing rank list by clicking "Okay" button.

Last edited:
did anyone else not get a confirmation email? I called the sf match and they said my rank list was in. but it still makes me wicked nervous.

good luck everyone!

Last edited: