RANK LISTS - drafts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Epidoodle said:
I spoke to the anesthesia office at BID. The anesthesia program came through the review with flying colors. The status was reflective of the surgical residency program duty hours. The problem within the surgery residency has been rectified. The anesthesia department resident hours are between 50-55 hours including lecture time. No worries. I am still ranking them number one. :) :) :)

Looks like Epidoodle already did the leg work, but if anyone has questions about Beth Isreal or any program, give the department a call/e-mail. The time and money invested in the interview season is significant - not to mention the next 4 years of your life, and to base rank lists on speculation on SDN Forums is foolish. I know I thought BID was great and filled with happy residents when I interviewed there.

Members don't see this ad.

jetmetnet said:
... you put out this kind of crappy information.

Uh, you may not like it, but the information certainly is not "crappy". Call the program and check for yourself. It's 100% legit, and if whomever hadn't visited there (or paid attention while there), or visited BEFORE this letter was generated in mid-November, may not have fully gotten this info (especially the way the program tried to sell it). Likewise, they may not have fully considered the ramifications of such information. Secondly, I'm not the one who started the original thread. Lastly, if you look at my rank list (that I posted), you'll see that I ranked them anyway.

Don't chastise me. If anyone can be "swayed" by such information at the 11th hour, then I think that proves the point about how confident they should be about their choices and how little they actually thought about this information in the first place. So, don't jump on my **** for a goodwill gesture for the people who not-as-regularly visit this forum and may have missed that info the first time around.

-Skip

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure there are several people that would be swayed by reading random postings on this website instead of going with their gut because I guarantee that there are many jittery people out there.

Why so sensitive Skippy? Are you afraid that someone is challenging your "posting authority" on this website. Don't worry, not many people will spend the insane amount of time generating enough posts to reach the 1000+ club.

Good luck with the match and hopefully you find a little maturity before you start having to act like a physician.

:)

1000+?......that is just insane!!!!

What does any of either of your comments have to do with this thread? Seriously? I really don't care what either of you think of me. This is a forum - i.e., a place to share opinions. Don't like, don't read. I find it funny that some people need to broadcast openly in a thread ad hominem attacks that have nothing to do with the subject matter, as if that proves some sort of point having to do with the thread. If you're going to post on this thread, why not stick to the subject of the thread - rank-order drafts and/or considerations about those rank order lists. You're supposed to be intelligent people, but you sure aren't convincing me.

-Skip

stop with this guys...

its bout 4 hours until final certification....

post up yoru certified rank lists on the appropriate forum!

I know that your whole life is this thread and you feel threatened, but you need to get your head out of your a#%. No one needs your "expertise" to remind them of anything that was in past forums, thats what the search key is for. This was only for rank list drafts, not for your "I have 1000+ posts, so I think I am the most knowledgeable of all of anesthesia" opinions. Just because you hoard this forum, does not make you intelligent, just a person who is annoying and has nothing else to do.
I just thank goodness that none of your programs are on my rank list, but thats because you are more knowledgeable and more integellent than me.

As for you rhino, a lowblow to you for interrupting your own certified rank list forum with your ridiculous nonsense about UCSF. No one wants to hear unsubstantiated rumors about a chairman leaving the program after they put up their certified rank list.

jetmetnet said:
I know that your whole life is this thread and you feel threatened, but you need to get your head out of your a#%. No one needs your "expertise" to remind them of anything that was in past forums, thats what the search key is for. This was only for rank list drafts, not for your "I have 1000+ posts, so I think I am the most knowledgeable of all of anesthesia" opinions. Just because you hoard this forum, does not make you intelligent, just a person who is annoying and has nothing else to do.
I just thank goodness that none of your programs are on my rank list, but thats because you are more knowledgeable and more integellent than me.

As for you rhino, a lowblow to you for interrupting your own certified rank list forum with your ridiculous nonsense about UCSF. No one wants to hear unsubstantiated rumors about a chairman leaving the program after they put up their certified rank list.

ha... alright whatever man... yes it is a rumor, but it came from multiple sources and if you ask any of the UCSF residents ... they will have heard it... and if you ask their faculty.. they would have told you too. i bet anyone who ranked UCSF will have known about it already. and besides.... if you don't know, jeanie weiner kornish is one of the 'Top Dogs' in the field (look up her publications, look at the editorial section of Anesthesiology) and if she takes the chair position, the program will not drop at all. period. also, this may be 'rumor' ... but the ucsf residents LOVE to work with dr. weiner kornish and think of her as a resident advocate. i never lowblowed the program. i was just suprised it wasnt ranked number 1 by people who ranked other california programs. had i applied to cali programs, and been lucky to be granted an interview at ucsf,... well ... whatever, i better stop speculating or as to offend any one else. ha.

seirously tho. i bet programs have their lists in already. and applicants prob have their lists certified by now... lets just get back to the topic.