rank lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kima

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Happy new year to everyone.
I was just wondering if anyone already submitted the ranking lists?? a way to get this forum started again....

K

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning to send it on 10th by overnight mail. Good luck !!

Also planning to submit in a week or so. Think I have things figured out for the most part but this has been much tougher than I thought it would be. I've had the most trouble ranking my middle tier programs, after about #3.

Members don't see this ad :)
Claymore said:
Also planning to submit in a week or so. Think I have things figured out for the most part but this has been much tougher than I thought it would be. I've had the most trouble ranking my middle tier programs, after about #3.

Me too! 1 to 3 were easy, 4 and 5 are MUCH tougher!

I'm still deciding on a few and will probably submit at the last minute...

I unfortunately think i am only gonna be able to rank the 2 programs i have here in chicago cuz my fiance just signed an early contract here. i have had like 15 interviews, and have some great prospects outside chicago. just wondering if i should rank the 2, or should i do more. anyone in a similar sitation? being apart for 4 yrs might kinda suck a little.

i think rank lists are due on the 17th (correct me if i'm wrong?). i'm probably going to submit mine via fax. any thoughts?

i also have a signif. other i have to take into account. making things very difficult.

Already fedex'd and confirm received!

(don't over-analyzed it, go with your gut feeling! Ain't nothing but 3 yrs)

okay j/k about the last sentence :)

My last interview is on the 10th, so I will overnight it on the 11th. I have the tentative list all ready to mail so unless something drastic happens at the 2 interviews I have left it isn't going to change. I am having the hardest time deciding 2-4!

gallant2m:

If you would rather go unmatched and together than matched and apart, only rank those 2. Otherwise, put all the places you would be willing to go down. Being away from a SO is really hard. For some it is harder than others so go with what is best for you guys! I hope it works out!

neogeo said:
Already fedex'd and confirm received!

(don't over-analyzed it, go with your gut feeling! Ain't nothing but 3 yrs)

okay j/k about the last sentence :)

hey neogeo--
did the confirmation include a copy of the rank list you submitted? thanks

I can't decide 2-4... will probably overnight it on the 14th or 15th. Will be anxious as hell at the post office!

I overnighted my rank list and got the confirmation today. They did include a copy of my list in the email I got.

I am sending mine today, this is really stressful :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad I'm not the only one who is stressed about this. There are so many places that I would be happy, it is all about degrees of happiness.
There are a few on the bottom of the list that I hate though- that part was easy! :rolleyes:

curius said:
hey neogeo--
did the confirmation include a copy of the rank list you submitted? thanks

I havn't got a confirmation list yet, but I did call them and they did say they received it. Just need to enter into computer.

I'm trying to send out my rank list today.

I have been agonizing about my #1 and #2, all the others seem to have found their place.

I am not sure why this is so stressful, since I would be happy with any of the 12 programs I'm ranking.

On one of my interviews, a faculty member told me that there are really more than one good fit for you.

And that's true, I'd be happy at any of my top 5 places (probably all I'll be ranking). So no need to stress out, everyone will be happy in the end, even if you don't get into your #1.

Just my opinion!

Applying for child neuro, but we're due on the same day.

Faxed my list on Friday; received confirmation e-mail (with the list in the correct order) that afternoon.

Now second-guessing myself. Fortunately, Q3 MICU rotation begins tomorrow, so I'll be too tired to be anxious. I hope.

Well, I finally sent my list today after much deliberation. At least now it's out of my hands and I won't be obsessing over this whoel thing. Only 2 weeks till match! Good luck everybody, hope everyone gets their top choices.

Sent my rank list a couple of days ago. Good luck to everyone!!

Those of you that overnighted - when did you get the email list sent to you?
Thanks!
I was a little nervous when I dropped it in the envelope, had thought I was over that!
Good Luck everybody.

Has anyone faxed their rank lists? Those of you that mailed it in, did you not trust the fax option???

penguins said:
Thanks!
I was a little nervous when I dropped it in the envelope, had thought I was over that!
Good Luck everybody.

got confirmation this afternoon--now I'm just sweating for two weeks

penguins said:
Thanks!
Good Luck everybody.

Overnight mailed it yesterday, received email confirmation with list this evening (next day).

Faxed it and received a confirmation email within 3 hours with the programs correctly ranked. Good luck.

neurosign said:
Faxed it and received a confirmation email within 3 hours with the programs correctly ranked. Good luck.

I overnighted my rank list and received my self-addressed stamped postcard stating that SF Match received my list on Jan. 11. However, I never got a confirmation email or letter with a listing of my programs. Now I am completely freaking out because what if the programs I ranked didn't get entered properly?!! I know the deadline has passed so there's nothing I can do about this but try to remain calm. Did everyone get a confirmation email? Why does it seem like I'm the only one that didn't? I can't wait for all this to be over next week! Good luck to everyone!

I think it's either/or - if you included a postcard, they confirmed that way, and didn't send another confirmation via email.

I overnighted with no postcard, and got an email instead.

I overnighed on Wed night. Got an email confirmation the next afternoon with my list and then got the postcard I had included yesterday which had been stamped with the 11th (? I think).
I am sure they got it if they sent a postcard, maybe your email address is wrong with them and you just didn't get that.
Their form does not say that they will email you the list BTW, but most people seem to have gotten it.

Try calling and ask.

Their fax machine was busy for the first 3 attempts...I faxed mine at about 9 am PST on deadline day...received confirmation email with copy of rank list at 11:30 am PST... :thumbup:

moya moya said:
I overnighted my rank list and received my self-addressed stamped postcard stating that SF Match received my list on Jan. 11. However, I never got a confirmation email or letter with a listing of my programs. Now I am completely freaking out because what if the programs I ranked didn't get entered properly?!! I know the deadline has passed so there's nothing I can do about this but try to remain calm. Did everyone get a confirmation email? Why does it seem like I'm the only one that didn't? I can't wait for all this to be over next week! Good luck to everyone!

I called SF match yesterday because I had not yet received a confirmation email. They told me not to worry and that they weren't going to keep me from the match (since I overnighted it). If this is the case, I imagine they can always correct a rank list even after the deadline. Good luck. One more week! :rolleyes: :)

traveler said:
I called SF match yesterday because I had not yet received a confirmation email. They told me not to worry and that they weren't going to keep me from the match (since I overnighted it). If this is the case, I imagine they can always correct a rank list even after the deadline. Good luck. One more week! :rolleyes: :)

Did you have any trouble getting through to a live person when you called SF Match? I've tried calling them several times over the past week but have always gotten routed to their voicemail.

moya moya said:
Did you have any trouble getting through to a live person when you called SF Match? I've tried calling them several times over the past week but have always gotten routed to their voicemail.

moya moya said:

I've managed to get the guy (the one on the recording) several times this past week. Pretty nice guy. I think I have tried later on, early in the evening. Less success in the morning.