Rank of various CA institutions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sean wilson

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone help me by giving me an idea of the prestige of such places as Loma Linda, UCI, and UCSD? How do they compare on a national level?

Thanks.

-SW

Members don't see this ad.

i think that UCSD has a pretty good reputation academically, thanks to the amount of research going on there. nationally though, i don't think that loma linda, UCI, or UCSD are as well-known as, say UCSF, stanford, or UCLA (i hear that UCLA has a better reputation outside of california than within).

Hundreds of views and one opinion, huh?

LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
sean wilson said:
Could someone help me by giving me an idea of the prestige of such places as Loma Linda, UCI, and UCSD? How do they compare on a national level?

Thanks.

-SW

They're all good, and you (anyone) would be lucky to be admitted to any of them. They will ALL give you an excellent medical education.

i really wanna get into UCD. does anyone know if they have a cutoff? or what the average USMLE score people have to get into that program? I know it's not a top program like UCSF or stanford but it's still california... anyone has info on that? thanks.

From the little I know about Davis, it is a pretty laid back place and hence, somewhat more difficult due to it being perceived as "easy" compared the other places. I would call them up and ask if they use cut-offs.

There are a lot of threads about CA schools. Surely one of them should have info of use to you.

Good luck.