1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Rank of various CA institutions

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by sean wilson, Apr 22, 2004.

1. sean wilson

sean wilson Membership Revoked
    Removed

Could someone help me by giving me an idea of the prestige of such places as Loma Linda, UCI, and UCSD? How do they compare on a national level?

Thanks.

-SW

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Skrubz

Skrubz Not your scut monkey
    7+ Year Member

i think that UCSD has a pretty good reputation academically, thanks to the amount of research going on there. nationally though, i don't think that loma linda, UCI, or UCSD are as well-known as, say UCSF, stanford, or UCLA (i hear that UCLA has a better reputation outside of california than within).

4. sean wilson

Removed

Hundreds of views and one opinion, huh?

LOL

5. flighterdoc

flighterdoc Rocket Scientist
    7+ Year Member

They're all good, and you (anyone) would be lucky to be admitted to any of them. They will ALL give you an excellent medical education.

6. white daisy

white daisy Member
    7+ Year Member

i really wanna get into UCD. does anyone know if they have a cutoff? or what the average USMLE score people have to get into that program? I know it's not a top program like UCSF or stanford but it's still california... anyone has info on that? thanks.

7. sean wilson

Removed

From the little I know about Davis, it is a pretty laid back place and hence, somewhat more difficult due to it being perceived as "easy" compared the other places. I would call them up and ask if they use cut-offs.

There are a lot of threads about CA schools. Surely one of them should have info of use to you.

Good luck.