Rank order for Match

Started by Pegasus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pegasus

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know which programs I want to be my top 3, but I dont think I did well on my #1 program given that it was one of my first interviews. Do you tell the program that they are #1 or just that you are ranking them 'highly'...and should I also tell my #2 spot this as well?

Thanks
 
This may be a dumb question, but are people sending e-mails or actual letters stating their interest?

It seems like e-mail is the way to go these days - you may actually get a reply, it gets there quicker, etc. However, I don't want to appear lazy or unprofessional by doing this via e-mail.

This may be a minute point, I just don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks.
 
By the way . . . to actually respond to your post . . . I am planning on sending letters to my top 3. I am probably going to tell my #1 that they are my #1 choice, and use strongly-worded language for the #2 and #3.

However, when are people doing this? Is it true that many decisions are made after the interview itself? Will there be a lot of moving around on the program's rank lists this late in the game?