You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rank Order Lists 2015
Started by Neurostudent??
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'll bite.
1. UVA
2. Wake Forest
3. Duke
4. Kentucky
5. UNC
6. Kansas
7. Indiana
8. Mayo - Arizona
9. UTSW Dallas
10. OHSU
11. Missouri - Columbia
12. Iowa
1. UVA
2. Wake Forest
3. Duke
4. Kentucky
5. UNC
6. Kansas
7. Indiana
8. Mayo - Arizona
9. UTSW Dallas
10. OHSU
11. Missouri - Columbia
12. Iowa
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Columbia
Cornell
Mayo
Northwestern
Cleveland clinic
Duke
Rush
Miami
Penn
Minnesota
Case Western
Cornell
Mayo
Northwestern
Cleveland clinic
Duke
Rush
Miami
Penn
Minnesota
Case Western
Michigan
OHSU
Vandy
Penn
WashU
Northwestern
Pitt
Cleveland Clinic
Case Western
OHSU
Vandy
Penn
WashU
Northwestern
Pitt
Cleveland Clinic
Case Western
Utah
Barrow
WashU
OSU
UTSW
Baylor
UVA
UAB
MUSC
Wake
UC Davis
U Louisville
Barrow
WashU
OSU
UTSW
Baylor
UVA
UAB
MUSC
Wake
UC Davis
U Louisville
UVA
Vandy
Michigan
UTSW
Cleveland Clinic
Duke
UNC
Wash U
Northwestern
Vandy
Michigan
UTSW
Cleveland Clinic
Duke
UNC
Wash U
Northwestern
Hope ya'll gonna step up and write up some nice reviews about these places!!! Here ya go:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/neurology-interview-impressions-2014-2015.1101693/
Best of luck in a few weeks!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/neurology-interview-impressions-2014-2015.1101693/
Best of luck in a few weeks!
.
Last edited:
Temple- produces really stong clinicians. Rough area but residents seemed competent and happy despite tough workload. Graduates have a great reputation and get some top fellowships. The Neuro Prelim I spoke to just put in an emergency chest tube in the ED
NSLIJ- great location in suburbs a short drive/train ride to NYC. Pretty solid reputation. Unfortunately not categorical.
Stony Brook- really friendly people. Seemed chill. Cool high-tech hospital. Kinda far from nyc which is closest metro area
UMass- would rank #1 If it wasn't in Worcester. Great research opportunities, strong in most subspecialties, super-friendly people.
Njms- great training, great people. Hospital seemed kinda grim and area is not the best.
Beth Israel in NYC- amazing location in the heart of NYC but is ultimately not a university hospital in the truest sence. This was a big negative for me otherwise I would rank it higher.
Cooper- solid program. Good name locally. Not too academic but strong clinical training.
Albany medical center: nice place. Nothing amazing but nothing bad either. Solid program.
Downstate- great for learning by doing.
NSLIJ- great location in suburbs a short drive/train ride to NYC. Pretty solid reputation. Unfortunately not categorical.
Stony Brook- really friendly people. Seemed chill. Cool high-tech hospital. Kinda far from nyc which is closest metro area
UMass- would rank #1 If it wasn't in Worcester. Great research opportunities, strong in most subspecialties, super-friendly people.
Njms- great training, great people. Hospital seemed kinda grim and area is not the best.
Beth Israel in NYC- amazing location in the heart of NYC but is ultimately not a university hospital in the truest sence. This was a big negative for me otherwise I would rank it higher.
Cooper- solid program. Good name locally. Not too academic but strong clinical training.
Albany medical center: nice place. Nothing amazing but nothing bad either. Solid program.
Downstate- great for learning by doing.
Last edited:
1. Penn
2. Mayo (would easily have been #1 if I weren't non-traditional (ie old), single, and afraid of dying alone in Rochester, MN)
3. Wash U
4. Yale
5. U of Minnesota (near family; love the Twin Cities)
6. Home school (not a prestigious program, but the faculty are really supportive, plus lots of med school friends staying)
7. Miami (didn't love it, but figured being warm would be a good consolation prize if all else fails)
Friendly, happy, impressive programs I didn't rank, but only because I'm about 99.9% sure I'd match at my home school and didn't see the point of a longer list:
-Michigan
-CCF
-Rochester (NY)
Programs I wouldn't have ranked regardless:
-U Chicago (not bad, loved the facilities, just felt kind of "eh")
-BU (just really didn't like it - PD kind of put me off and I wasn't impressed by any of the faculty)
-Brown (everyone was sweet, but not impressed by the residents, just seemed kind of weak all around. Facilities were pretty sad)
-Northwestern (so many red flags - deserving of an entire post, maybe in the interview impressions section when I get a few minutes)
FYI: I didn't get a single interview on the West Coast, which is where I was hoping to end up; if I had, I likely would have ranked programs in Cali/Portland/Seattle near the top. Not that I'm complaining - I was lucky to have the interviews I did.
2. Mayo (would easily have been #1 if I weren't non-traditional (ie old), single, and afraid of dying alone in Rochester, MN)
3. Wash U
4. Yale
5. U of Minnesota (near family; love the Twin Cities)
6. Home school (not a prestigious program, but the faculty are really supportive, plus lots of med school friends staying)
7. Miami (didn't love it, but figured being warm would be a good consolation prize if all else fails)
Friendly, happy, impressive programs I didn't rank, but only because I'm about 99.9% sure I'd match at my home school and didn't see the point of a longer list:
-Michigan
-CCF
-Rochester (NY)
Programs I wouldn't have ranked regardless:
-U Chicago (not bad, loved the facilities, just felt kind of "eh")
-BU (just really didn't like it - PD kind of put me off and I wasn't impressed by any of the faculty)
-Brown (everyone was sweet, but not impressed by the residents, just seemed kind of weak all around. Facilities were pretty sad)
-Northwestern (so many red flags - deserving of an entire post, maybe in the interview impressions section when I get a few minutes)
FYI: I didn't get a single interview on the West Coast, which is where I was hoping to end up; if I had, I likely would have ranked programs in Cali/Portland/Seattle near the top. Not that I'm complaining - I was lucky to have the interviews I did.
.
Last edited:
1. UCLA
2. Penn
3. Yale
4. WashU
5. Duke
6. Miami (I liked the program and its location, but some of the residents seemed too lackluster)
7. Cedars-Sinai (would have ranked higher, but too small and too new, other than that seems like a great place)
8. Beth Israel Deaconess (didn't love it, more cons than pros for me)
9. Stanford (I really wanted to love this place, but just got a weird vibe. PD was a bit off-putting for me)
10. Icahn Mt. Sinai (loved the program, just not a fan of living in NYC on a residents salary - even with subsidized housing)
11. Baylor - (losing Methodist hospital really hurt this program, not as good as it was back in the day IMHO)
Places I did not rank:
-Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland was a deal-breaker, but the hospital was great)
-Albert Einstein (Just not a fit for me, can't see myself in NYC, let alone the Bronx)
-Maryland (too many red flags for me to rank)
-Jefferson (did not agree with my interviewers comments that they were a better training program than Penn, very off-putting)
-Brown (I completely agree with Cutie Dibbles)
FYI- I did not receive an interview at Partners, UCSF or Hopkins; of which UCSF was the only one that really hurt. I am thankful for a great interview season none-the-less. Good luck to all of us on Match day!
2. Penn
3. Yale
4. WashU
5. Duke
6. Miami (I liked the program and its location, but some of the residents seemed too lackluster)
7. Cedars-Sinai (would have ranked higher, but too small and too new, other than that seems like a great place)
8. Beth Israel Deaconess (didn't love it, more cons than pros for me)
9. Stanford (I really wanted to love this place, but just got a weird vibe. PD was a bit off-putting for me)
10. Icahn Mt. Sinai (loved the program, just not a fan of living in NYC on a residents salary - even with subsidized housing)
11. Baylor - (losing Methodist hospital really hurt this program, not as good as it was back in the day IMHO)
Places I did not rank:
-Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland was a deal-breaker, but the hospital was great)
-Albert Einstein (Just not a fit for me, can't see myself in NYC, let alone the Bronx)
-Maryland (too many red flags for me to rank)
-Jefferson (did not agree with my interviewers comments that they were a better training program than Penn, very off-putting)
-Brown (I completely agree with Cutie Dibbles)
FYI- I did not receive an interview at Partners, UCSF or Hopkins; of which UCSF was the only one that really hurt. I am thankful for a great interview season none-the-less. Good luck to all of us on Match day!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 14
- Views
- 7K