rank PhD program Nutrition (Emory)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

prakash5vs5

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi...

If anyone could give me the rankings of the PhD programs in Nutrition and Health Sciences in USA. I have gone thorugh the rankings in 2000 doctoral program survey and have found the NHS program of Emory to be ranked number one. It provides both epidemiological/molecular nutrition tracks.
any expert comments/criticisms are welcome.

prakash
 
according to the 8th Gourman Report which ranked 38 graduate nutrition programs, Cornell is number one.
the other 9 (not in rank order) are Emory, Harvard, Chicago, Iowa State, Johns Hopkins, Purdue, Penn State, Tufts, and Columbia.
 
heyy thanks for the rankings

I am going to pursue PhD in Nutrition and Health Sciences this Fall.
Can I do my MPH alongwith this program?
I guess PhD carries more weight in the field of public health as compared to an MPH?

Prakash