Ranking a program I applied CAP track and without

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InvaderZimbardo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, maybe you guys could help me I am not sure who to ask about this. I want to rank a program first but I am unsure if I should put the CAP track first or just the regular psych residency. Does it matter which order I put them in since they're going to be 1 & 2? I'd hate to not match either and lose out on my 2nd program choice (which would be ranked 3rd). Any guidance would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

There is only one rule to ranking and that is rank what you want. You can't 'lose out' on anything ranked lower unless you try and outsmart the algorithm because you don't understand the process. You should rank by your order of preference.

If you're having trouble understanding why, I would watch the nrmp's explanation video on repeat until it makes sense: The Match Process for Applicants - The Match, National Resident Matching Program

Reactions: 1 user
One commits you to doing a fellowship and the other does not. So how sure are you about doing C&A?

Reactions: 1 user