Ranking advice needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickpea87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Plastic surgery is by far the most competitive sub-specialty: unfortunately, only about 50% off plastics applicants end up matching. But as you know by now, it’s not all about smarts; there’s lots of things you can do to position yourself competitively in the applicant pool. What it comes down to is good old-fashioned hard work and face time. The plastic surgery community is a really small world, and people talk. Spend enough face time with the big names in plastic surgery, and they’ll vouch for you. Relationships make the world go round, especially the small world of plastics.

Reactions: 1 user
Plastic surgery is by far the most competitive sub-specialty: unfortunately, only about 50% off plastics applicants end up matching. But as you know by now, it’s not all about smarts; there’s lots of things you can do to position yourself competitively in the applicant pool. What it comes down to is good old-fashioned hard work and face time. The plastic surgery community is a really small world, and people talk. Spend enough face time with the big names in plastic surgery, and they’ll vouch for you. Relationships make the world go round, especially the small world of plastics.

I have read a couple of his posts, and I love this "pre-health" guy. Gonna call him when my flap goes down. :)

Reactions: 1 users