Ranking advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

menglee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure how to rank the following. From Midwest, but no region preference, undecided on PP or academic, mainly focus on program strengthen and its impacts on future

U Iowa
Vanderbilt
Cedars-Sinai Med Ctr-CA
Beaumont/Royal Oak
Indiana University
Ohio State
U Minnesota
University of Nebraska
Case Western

Members don't see this ad.

Go to a program in the area you want to practice in, has a fellowship you could potentially be interested in and a place you will be happy in. That's probably the best piece of advice I can give you.

Go to a program with multiple fellowships. These are programs with higher volume and subspecialized teaching which I think is important though not a must.

I'd rather go to Cedars Sinai but I like LA. That might not be for everyone but go where you want to practice in the future. Some of those places may not be for everyone especially Iowa and Nebraska.

Not sure how to rank the following. From Midwest, but no region preference, undecided on PP or academic, mainly focus on program strengthen and its impacts on future

U Iowa
Vanderbilt
Cedars-Sinai Med Ctr-CA
Beaumont/Royal Oak
Indiana University
Ohio State
U Minnesota
University of Nebraska
Case Western
I heard Ohio state was full digital pathology? Is that true? If so, did most attendings and residents like it?