Ranking based on Prestige?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alaskapharm

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering how big of a factor prestige of the hospital plays when trying to find a job post residency. I have 2 programs that I am struggling to choose how to rank. Program A is a very prestigious program with a lot of great opportunities, but also seems to be not a great program style fit for me personally. Program B seems to be a great fit program for me in many ways and has a lot of opportunities in the area I am interested in, but it at a lesser known hospital. (both are larger academic medical centers) Is it worth pushing through the year at program A because of the name?