Help w/ ranking based on job opportunites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mr.bubbles

New Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have narrowed it down to my top two programs. The deciding factor has come down to job opportunities post-residency. I want to work in the DC/MD/VA area which is a pretty competitive market IMO. When residents hit the job market, does it matter if you went to a program with a big name tied to it? Or do directors look for quality pharmacists even from the smaller/less notable programs? Which one do you think carries more weight?

Below I have brief descriptions to help:

Program A - In a more rural setting with close affiliation to a SOP. Well organized program with very strong pharmacists in their respective specialties. I do have a past with this program so I am very confident, knowledge wise these guys will give me the best foundation. Only issue is they are far from where I would like to work in the future so their name may not ring a bell.

Program B - In a metropolitan city very close to the area that I would like to work. Their program is also well organized and has a good affiliation with a SOP as well. However, I am under the impression they recently had some turnover(due to life events) with couple of their preceptors.


Thank You!
 
Last edited: