Ranking programs that never interviewed me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miki94722

Reaction score
I am considering ranking programs (US main Match) that never interviewed me. I was wondering if there is absolutely 0%chance of matching in the scenario?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. There is 0% chance that you will match to a place that did not interview you.

The bigger question is - why would you do such a thing?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you kindly for your reply.
I am simply trying to understand the Match process, and if there is any other option, than only the programs that interviewed me. It seems that there isn’t.

I am simply trying to understand the Match process, and if there is any other option, than only the programs that interviewed me. It seems that there isn’t.

Well, there is still the SOAP, if you don't Match....

Reactions: 1 user

There is 0% chance you will match at a program that did not interview you. What are you expecting? Some 1/10^999 computer glitch? Feel free to donate to that cause, you're just making ERAS richer.

Reactions: 1 users
There is 0% chance you will match at a program that did not interview you. What are you expecting? Some 1/10^999 computer glitch? Feel free to donate to that cause, you're just making ERAS richer.
Oh, so there is a probability for glitch? 😃

In order to have a chance at matching at a program, they have to at least be willing to put you on their rank list as well. I can't imagine a program would rank anyone that they didn't even interview.

Reactions: 1 users
I am considering ranking programs (US main Match) that never interviewed me. I was wondering if there is absolutely 0%chance of matching in the scenario?
0% - they don't know of your existence, so they can't rank you

Reactions: 1 user
In order to have a chance at matching at a program, they have to at least be willing to put you on their rank list as well. I can't imagine a program would rank anyone that they didn't even interview.
Maybe the program director is a degenerate gambler and wants to bring WallStreetBets to realms outside the stock market?