Ranking programs that never interviewed me

Started by Miki94722
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Miki94722

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am considering ranking programs (US main Match) that never interviewed me. I was wondering if there is absolutely 0%chance of matching in the scenario?
 
Thank you kindly for your reply.
I am simply trying to understand the Match process, and if there is any other option, than only the programs that interviewed me. It seems that there isn’t.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you kindly for your reply.
I am simply trying to understand the Match process, and if there is any other option, than only the programs that interviewed me. It seems that there isn’t.

There is 0% chance you will match at a program that did not interview you. What are you expecting? Some 1/10^999 computer glitch? Feel free to donate to that cause, you're just making ERAS richer.
 
Thank you kindly for your reply.
I am simply trying to understand the Match process, and if there is any other option, than only the programs that interviewed me. It seems that there isn’t.

In order to have a chance at matching at a program, they have to at least be willing to put you on their rank list as well. I can't imagine a program would rank anyone that they didn't even interview.