ranking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stwei

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Emedpa, Can you list your top ten choices and explain why you think they are so? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you just PM him if this is not for the whole forum? I could give you a link to the US News and World Report Rankings if interested (but in my opinion they are inaccurate since it is just based on the opinions of the deans of each school).

Why don't we open this up for everyone with this question?

Everyone intereseted tell about their favorite PA schools. We have all done the research and many of us have attended PA schools. Tell all the things you like about your favorites. Tell why you like them and their advantages.

Mine are:
St. Francis (PA) - They have a great reputation. Good faculty to student ratio. In a nice area if you like it quiet. Great administration

Arcadia (PA) - Have a dual MPH/PA program. Great rep. Have great links to international ops. Have a great facutly. Master's in 24 months. Also has a half-time three year PA option. Great first time pass rates on PANCE. Low attrition rate. Great ops for rotations (near Philly). Small school.

UC Davis (CA) - Start clinicals right away. Great reputation (they have a top med schoo also). Fairly inexpensive.

I know about lots of others but not so intimately.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some of the newer programs are worth checking out, if you don't need the prestige of a big name school. The newer programs have new equipment, and are trying very hard to make a name for themselves... you may find they are very responsive to what the students want in the program, and do very well in preparing you for clinical work and the PANCE. And you may find them courting you to join their school.... I got taken out to a lobster dinner and a grand tour of the city when I was applying...

Damn Timerick, what school was that?! UNT offers an attractive program. As I explored, I found the program open many doors to it's graduates, in the sense of lateral mobility. :horns: So ya, check it out.

The school is the University of Saint Francis (one of three with that name that offer a PA program). This particular one was started by the same nuns who were also instrumental in the beginning seeds of what was to become the Mayo clinic -- http://www.mayoclinic.org/about/history.html . They've trained a lot of nurses, but only recently began a PA/NP training site in Albuquerque, New Mexico. They chose New Mexico as the site for their PA & NP programs because of the multicultural, multilingual, multiethnic, most medically underserved population here.

Check out all the programs in the area you're interested in... you may be surprised where you feel most at home.

What is Nova Southeastern's reputation among the PA schools?