Rant: Nurses

Started by Whale2018
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I find it so hard to believe that some RNs are making $22/hr. I'm working every other Saturday while in med school as a nurse doing hospice home visit, especially just to do an admission, that's $100 right there. Other rounding visits I'm based at $50/hr and if I'm called to pronounced etc or out of scheduled visit, those are $75 per visit. On a good stable 8 hr day, I'm getting 4 visits with 1 admission and that's $300 before taxes.
Sheesh, I wish I got paid $75 to pronounce!
 
BSN programs are increasingly difficult majors to get into.. OP I'm gonna guess from your avatar that you're a Penn State student. At PSU, nursing is the most heavily invested in major per student and likewise it is incredibly competitive to declare a nursing major as a sophomore student. I know several friends at other schools that wanted to do nursing, had high GPAs going into sophomor year, and didnt get it. Just because they dont have to jump through the same hoops doesnt mean it isnt a difficult path to pursue.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There needs to be a law where premeds are not allowed to bitch about nurses/midlevels until their white coat ceremony. Smh.

U get to complain about your coworkers when you are a worker with coworkers. By then hopefully people will have gained the perspective to not complain about an entire profession on an Internet forum.