Rapid Review Biochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcgud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the 3rd edition yet? Only 160 or so pages. I feel like I need more than FA for biochem and I love RR path.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone tried the 3rd edition yet? Only 160 or so pages. I feel like I need more than FA for biochem and I love RR path.
I have and it is great. I love it. Concise and to the point and feel it gives enough informtion for me to know the subject material.

Yup. Honestly I never used it and I have found it to be vey helpful. I never used any review books during my first year courses. Bad idea in hindsight but it's not something I can't fix this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I borrowed this from our library during my course ...I liked the book as it focused on clinical biochemistry. I had purchased the Lippincott biochemistry and that was a huge disappointment with way too much general biochemistry. I felt that the rapid review questions were excellent prep for the biochemistry shelf.

It is good if you can get used to the outline format. I actually used both rapid review and lippincotts for biochem last year. They both had their strengths and weaknesses. When it comes to board review I will stick with the rapid review. Just much more concise.

Just started using this for my biochem review with First Aid. Very good book, really easy to read and understand and I hate biochem.