Rappaport-Sprague stethoscopes...

Started by ETseq
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ETseq

Pre-D.O.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted this in the pre-D.O. forum and they suggested I move it here. So without further ado...

A cardiologist recommended the Rappaport-Sprague stethoscope, but I have read that this is no longer made. I found a "Sprague Rappaport" by MDF http://shop.mdfdirect.com/product.sc?productId=11, but I am not sure this is the same thing. Can anyone enlighten me? If the original Rappaport-Sprague is not available, what do you recommend in its place?

My friend says her father still orders these, and I am trying to find out where and whether they are the same thing. 😕
 
I posted this in the pre-D.O. forum and they suggested I move it here. So without further ado...

A cardiologist recommended the Rappaport-Sprague stethoscope, but I have read that this is no longer made. I found a "Sprague Rappaport" by MDF http://shop.mdfdirect.com/product.sc?productId=11, but I am not sure this is the same thing. Can anyone enlighten me? If the original Rappaport-Sprague is not available, what do you recommend in its place?

My friend says her father still orders these, and I am trying to find out where and whether they are the same thing. 😕

The RS stethoscope is any basic stethoscope with the dual tube into single bell design. You can order one from anywhere, I have several. They are not as good as my Welch elite but then again everything depends on the listener. If you want to try a cheap one look on allheart.com.

P.S. The MDF is an excelent scope but for the same money you can get a Welch on ebay.