Rappaport-Sprague stethoscopes...

ETseq

Pre-D.O.
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2007
  1. Pre-Medical
I posted this in the pre-D.O. forum and they suggested I move it here. So without further ado...

A cardiologist recommended the Rappaport-Sprague stethoscope, but I have read that this is no longer made. I found a "Sprague Rappaport" by MDF http://shop.mdfdirect.com/product.sc?productId=11, but I am not sure this is the same thing. Can anyone enlighten me? If the original Rappaport-Sprague is not available, what do you recommend in its place?

My friend says her father still orders these, and I am trying to find out where and whether they are the same thing. :confused:

studentDO

10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
I posted this in the pre-D.O. forum and they suggested I move it here. So without further ado...

A cardiologist recommended the Rappaport-Sprague stethoscope, but I have read that this is no longer made. I found a "Sprague Rappaport" by MDF http://shop.mdfdirect.com/product.sc?productId=11, but I am not sure this is the same thing. Can anyone enlighten me? If the original Rappaport-Sprague is not available, what do you recommend in its place?

My friend says her father still orders these, and I am trying to find out where and whether they are the same thing. :confused:

The RS stethoscope is any basic stethoscope with the dual tube into single bell design. You can order one from anywhere, I have several. They are not as good as my Welch elite but then again everything depends on the listener. If you want to try a cheap one look on allheart.com.

P.S. The MDF is an excelent scope but for the same money you can get a Welch on ebay.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.