1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

rate me

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by t12kim, Apr 12, 2004.

?

What is my chance

1. you will get in

13 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Good chance

17 vote(s)
    43.6%
  3. Probably not

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. retake your DAT

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. t12kim

t12kim Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My first choice is Upenn and i was wondering what you guys think of my chance of getting in there. I think there are many students who got into upenn from this forum.

Overall 3.38
    science: 3.42

DAT:
    16 PAT
    18 RC
    21 QR
    21 Bio
    21 Gchem
    25 Ochem
    21 AA
    22 Science

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr.BadVibes

Dr.BadVibes Membership Revoked
    Removed

Your PAT is hurting, but your GPA and your other DAT scores are stellar. Apply in the summer, and you will be accepted for sure. Good Luck!

4. wimmcs

wimmcs Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Your scores are very good. Listen to everyone who told you not to re-take it. Congratulations and don't fret.

5. t12kim

t12kim Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

sorry guys...i know i should stop this. I sound miserable ain't i? well..I am a type of a person who pessimistic and also get very nervous and unsure about everything..even my life and all. sorry guys if i am wasting your time by posting stupid thread. however, by reading your posts and your responses, i feel so much better and i can... seriously... sleep well. :) but you know..upenn is a hard school to get into. no wonder i am stressed, right?
    believe it or not, i check this forum at least 5 times a day.. :) i read most of the thread here. i think all of you guys here are great, intelligent, and nice. also, very understanding and honest. love you guys, man. i think all of you are so passionate about your career and your life that you became members of this forum.

6. Dentalist

Dentalist carpe diem
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    t12kim,

You can also visit http://www.upenndentists.com where penn dental students can answer your questions.

Frankly, I think you have a descent shot, provided that you have strong essays, letters of rec and extracurricular activities. I think it also depends on the course loads you have taken, how competitive your undergraduate school is and so forth. As Avin mentioned, make sure to apply early!

Good luck,
    Dentalist

7. JRogoff

JRogoff Resident Palatal Phallacy
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I voted for good chance. Everything other than the PAT is awesome, but believe it or not some schools actually do look at the PAT. I wouldn't re-take the DAT, only if a particular school you really want to go to asks you to re-take it. Otherwise, i think you're good to go :thumbup:

8. Mo007

Mo007 Gifted Hands
    10+ Year Member

Your DAT will be competitive to all schools, but your GPA will hinder some.

Many SDNers have excellent stats, and some will probably advice you to re-take it... why? - because they are just bunch of perfectionists (nothing personal). Just apply early, and you will be a preferred candidate to majority of the schools. UPenn shouldn't be a problem - as long as you bring what they expect to the interview... just being yourself.

Remeber - Don't, repeat, Don't re-take the DAT.