Rats no longer seen as pests...but heros!!!

Started by vetme
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!! i have always loved rats 🙂

look at that rat jamming to the music!! haha
 
Cool! Go, rats go! I think rats are very cool critters.

Anyone know what the advantage of using rats over, say, dogs would be? I imagine they're cheaper to breed and house, but they also have about 1/4 of the lifespan (so less time to use all the hours of training that's going into them). Just curious. It's a very cool idea if it's sustainable.
 
Cool! Go, rats go! I think rats are very cool critters.

Anyone know what the advantage of using rats over, say, dogs would be? I imagine they're cheaper to breed and house, but they also have about 1/4 of the lifespan (so less time to use all the hours of training that's going into them). Just curious. It's a very cool idea if it's sustainable.

They just said in the video— they are A LOT cheaper.

I don't know if this is true, but I heard some where that the rats don't weigh enough to detonate the mines, but a dog weight's could? The rats go out and look for mines in teams, so if the first rat doesn't find it 1) the mine doesn't detonate and 2) another rat can still find it.
 
They just said in the video— they are A LOT cheaper.

I don't know if this is true, but I heard some where that the rats don't weigh enough to detonate the mines, but a dog weight's could? The rats go out and look for mines in teams, so if the first rat doesn't find it 1) the mine doesn't detonate and 2) another rat can still find it.


ooooh, that would make a lot of sense. Those are huge rats, but definitely smaller than even the tiniest dogs.
 
I don't know if this is true, but I heard some where that the rats don't weigh enough to detonate the mines, but a dog weight's could? The rats go out and look for mines in teams, so if the first rat doesn't find it 1) the mine doesn't detonate and 2) another rat can still find it.

I have heard this as well