Rattlesnake Vaccine

Started by tuckervet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tuckervet

KSU C/O 2015
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any firsthand experience/knowledge of this vaccine for dogs? My brother lives in CA and has heard some info about, but I'm not in an area anywhere near rattlesnakes, so I've never heard any doctors or clients discuss this. also just curious about it in general...
 
We offer the vaccine at the SA clinic where I work. Typically only owners who take their dogs hunting or "out to the country" request it. I don't know many details so I'm probably not much help, but my impression is that the vaccine only lessens the effects of the venom. You'll still have to rush your dog to the vet if it is bitten.

The website for the vaccine we use is: http://www.redrockbiologics.com/

Hope this helps!