RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:biglove:Today my hubby and I have been married for 4 years but it's our 1st anniversary!!!
That is so cool. Makes it extra special!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I got my MCAT results aaaaaaand.......I did better than the personal goal I set for myself!!! :banana:

Btw, congrats Mrs. SOV!! :clap: That's fantastic.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my MCAT results aaaaaaand.......I did better than the personal goal I set for myself!!! :banana:

Btw, congrats Mrs. SOV!! :clap: That's fantastic.

That's such an awesome feeling! Congrats! :D

My wife just got accepted into her first choice PhD program, which is the top program in the country, AFTER GETTING 7 REJECTIONS FIRST.

Another piece of evidence that the admissions game, in all fields, is really a crapshoot!

today she is floating on air.
:hardy::biglove: That's awesome, SOV! Many hearty congratulatory notes to Mrs. SOV - best wishes to her in the program!!!

So things are pretty crappy all around right now, but there was a bright spot this morning. I got a call inviting me to interview for a summer job at school studying disease in dairy cows. Applications closed on Jan 26, and I hadn't heard anything, so I had forgotten about it, so this was a nice surprise.
That's fantastic news, Coquette! Best of luck with that interview - you'll do awesome:D

I got my MCAT results aaaaaaand.......I did better than the personal goal I set for myself!!! :banana:.
:woot: YAYYYYY!

Yay!! Congrats to flyhi and Mrs. SOV!

I got called back for another interview for Hill's Pet Nutrition! I'm super excited!

So things are pretty crappy all around right now, but there was a bright spot this morning. I got a call inviting me to interview for a summer job at school studying disease in dairy cows. Applications closed on Jan 26, and I hadn't heard anything, so I had forgotten about it, so this was a nice surprise.

Congratulations on the interview!

I got to do a caudal epidural on a heifer today!

I decided on a vet school! OHIO!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats NStarz!!! I know this was tough for you!!! You are going to be a VETERINARIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:highfive::clap::bow: :claps: :prof:

Thanks Emiloo! I wish you best of luck wherever you end up as well (hope you get into Auburn!!)

Thanks Emiloo! I wish you best of luck wherever you end up as well (hope you get into Auburn!!)

Thanks! Me too! Or Tenn! Or LSU!... Either way, at least I know I'm going! Go buckeyes! ;)

428748_10150741796868465_129446698464_11538572_1351039576_n.jpg

I am just excited. My current employer knows I am leaving in June for ISU, and they are giving me time off to get some more hours in the field with an amazing clinic.

Nothing like paid time off to go preg test. It truly is the little things.

I am just excited. My current employer knows I am leaving in June for ISU, and they are giving me time off to get some more hours in the field with an amazing clinic.

Nothing like paid time off to go preg test. It truly is the little things.

Wow, that's really awesome of them! Congrats!
I got "stuck" in Ireland a few years ago (bc of that volcano in Iceland) and when I called my employer they said "Just take another week, don't worry about it. Dr Blank said have a few Guinness on him" :laugh: I love employers who respect their employees :D Not that there was much they COULD say since no flights were leaving for a week lol.

Wow, that's really awesome of them! Congrats!
I got "stuck" in Ireland a few years ago (bc of that volcano in Iceland) and when I called my employer they said "Just take another week, don't worry about it. Dr Blank said have a few Guinness on him" :laugh: I love employers who respect their employees :D Not that there was much they COULD say since no flights were leaving for a week lol.

Stupid volcano. I was stuck in Florence, Italy because of it. Which, normally would be okay, but I had been traveling for a solid month and wanted to get back to England and see my bf at the time.

Onto my rave. Had a phone interview with Covance, which is a contract company for a lot of pharmaceutical companies for an animal care technician position for animals involve in pre-clinical studies. He immediately wanted me in for an interview next week. He wanted me to come in Tues or Wed but since I work temporarily for the vet clinic, I got it for Thursday, which is a shelter day so I won't be messing up the surgery schedule too much. Kinda makes me feel more confident since they seemed to want to interview me so quickly. Plus, I feel like it's more appropriate than the Merck position since it's animal care. Here's to hoping!

Stupid volcano. I was stuck in Florence, Italy because of it. Which, normally would be okay, but I had been traveling for a solid month and wanted to get back to England and see my bf at the time.

Onto my rave. Had a phone interview with Covance, which is a contract company for a lot of pharmaceutical companies for an animal care technician position for animals involve in pre-clinical studies. He immediately wanted me in for an interview next week. He wanted me to come in Tues or Wed but since I work temporarily for the vet clinic, I got it for Thursday, which is a shelter day so I won't be messing up the surgery schedule too much. Kinda makes me feel more confident since they seemed to want to interview me so quickly. Plus, I feel like it's more appropriate than the Merck position since it's animal care. Here's to hoping!

Sounds great! Good luck! :luck: I love how something like that can make you feel so much better. :)

WAHOO!!! Congrats! And yeah, normally I wouldn't say I was "stuck" in Ireland, but we ran out of money day 4... and had to stay 10 more :-/ At one point they told us we might not leave for over 30 days and we thought about getting work visas :laugh:
Rock your interview! It sounds like they want you bad! :D

Today's rave: there's nothing like being valued by your boss, and when your boss fights for you.

WAHOO!!! Congrats! And yeah, normally I wouldn't say I was "stuck" in Ireland, but we ran out of money day 4... and had to stay 10 more :-/ At one point they told us we might not leave for over 30 days and we thought about getting work visas :laugh:
Rock your interview! It sounds like they want you bad! :D

Haha. Yeah. Luckily, my study abroad program paid for a hotel, but I still had to pay for food , which was an unexpected cost. We ended up using like all the program money to pay for the bus that was supposed to pick us up in London to drive to Florence and drive us back to Newcastle, which is like 6 hours north of London. Yay 32 hour bus ride.

Haha. Yeah. Luckily, my study abroad program paid for a hotel, but I still had to pay for food , which was an unexpected cost. We ended up using like all the program money to pay for the bus that was supposed to pick us up in London to drive to Florence and drive us back to Newcastle, which is like 6 hours north of London. Yay 32 hour bus ride.

The airline didn't do crap for us... we just sat in hotels and paid for taxi rides to airports twice a day, hauling all of our luggage (and POUNDS of souvenirs we bought "the day before we left") just for 13 of our flights to be cancelled. And every time your flight was cancelled you got put to the back of the list again and again. I finally said screw it, bought a ticket for 4 days later (after 3 days of hotels, crappy food, and stress fighting with the SO) and booked a trip to the West coast of Ireland for another mini vaca :D:luck: Just paid off the credit card last April :laugh:

Rave: For my boyfriend, who arrived home before I did yesterday, so I came home to my letter from UTK on the kitchen counter ... right next to a bottle of wine and a wine glass. "For celebrating ... or making you feel better," he said.

:D

So 2 raves: 1st:: Found out today from a coworker that my bosses and other coworkers are planning a surprise lunch/dinner for me for my A&M acceptance. The coworker that told me thought I knew about it. They haven't figured out when or where yet but they're planning something. I love that place, I'm going to miss it.

2nd:: One of the doctors I work with is an A&M alum. and she's almost as excited as I am about me going there. Well she kind of offered me a job when I graduate in 2016. The other doctor (her husband) is wanting to expand the clinic and she said they may need an associate by that time and if I'd be interested to keep in touch with them. So that's nice..

So I'm feeling really appreciated and it made my entire day/week. :love:

Passed pathology! We had only one test and it was a little more than epic so I'm psyched :)

Came home from a long day to strawberry margaritas from my husband. Love :love:

Taking the first night off from studying in literally two weeks (freaking-a, second year). Pajamas have been donned since 5:30 this afternoon, I have a fast food meal and milkshake sitting next to me, and I'm watching the first bit of TV I've seen in weeks. The routine starts again tomorrow but for now...aaaaaaaah.

Got to spend the day at a goat farm with my class and it was awesome! There were 102 baby goats to cuddle and tons of delicious cheese :)

Germany is tied for first place after the first round of the FEI Nations Cup! Go Germany! :love:

So a long time a go I let a friend of mine who was a tattoo artist do my very first tattoo. It is a beautiful design but she was new and it is in on my back and 10 inches across so I was flinchy. It hurt, took forever to heal and the lines blew in places because she went too deep. Subsequently, it took me 3 years to get the courage to finish it. I went to another friend of mine, he has been a tattoo artist for 15 years and he is amazing. Anywho, finished it today it is beautiful!!!! I am a pisces but koi are too cliche, so I chose betas, a red and blue to represent the 2 halves of my personality. So excited!!! :love:

Not sure this is 'proper' rave, but... About two hours ago there was a pretty bad car accident right outside my apartment. I heard the terrible noise & when I looked outside I saw that people weren't getting out of one of the cars. Now, the yo-yos are constantly running into one another out there; but for some reason this one seemed different. So I went outside to make sure they were OK. Turns out there was an older couple in the car that got hit and they were shaken up really bad. The wife was driving & in pain from the impact; but otherwise OK. She couldn't get out of the seat & was scared. Asked me to sit in the car w/ her until the EMS showed up. Thankfully, she was able to walk to the ambulance, as was her husband; but they both needed an evaluation. I called the hospital a little while ago & the ER told me they were both waiting for radiology, but were stable. Even though I don't know these people (only got the wife's first name), I'm very happy to hear they're OK. I'm thinking of going to the hospital tomorrow to check in with them (provided nothing happens & they end up in ICU :xf:). Weird?

Not sure this is 'proper' rave, but... About two hours ago there was a pretty bad car accident right outside my apartment. I heard the terrible noise & when I looked outside I saw that people weren't getting out of one of the cars. Now, the yo-yos are constantly running into one another out there; but for some reason this one seemed different. So I went outside to make sure they were OK. Turns out there was an older couple in the car that got hit and they were shaken up really bad. The wife was driving & in pain from the impact; but otherwise OK. She couldn't get out of the seat & was scared. Asked me to sit in the car w/ her until the EMS showed up. Thankfully, she was able to walk to the ambulance, as was her husband; but they both needed an evaluation. I called the hospital a little while ago & the ER told me they were both waiting for radiology, but were stable. Even though I don't know these people (only got the wife's first name), I'm very happy to hear they're OK. I'm thinking of going to the hospital tomorrow to check in with them (provided nothing happens & they end up in ICU :xf:). Weird?
It's not weird, it's compassionate. You are so sweet to reach out to them. :)

I am home for the first time in months and I decided to try on my wedding dress (85 days to go!!). I have lost weight in the past 7 or 8 months so I knew it would fit differently, but man... It was loose! I'm a little worried about the cost of having it altered, but who cares if the dress is a size smaller, right? Now I just have to maintain this size for a few months. This should be interesting.

Also, my mom and I stuffed and sealed all of the invitations, and tomorrow we are doing some more wedding stuff. And last weekend we found an officiant. It is all coming together!

:biglove: We won! :biglove: We won! :biglove: We won! :biglove:

I must say, Germany has some really nice horses this year. There team is going to be solid :eek:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6xKGWUrCoU&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

My very best guy friend (whom I have been becoming more than friends with over the last 6 months now) and I have finally made it official that we're dating :D I'm a little more than ecstatic

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toWfxis3W0I[/YOUTUBE]

That's from a different show, but I love the two of them together..

Meredith Michaels- Beerbaum with Checkmate 4 were my favorites, but I really liked Salvador V too.

My very best guy friend (whom I have been becoming more than friends with over the last 6 months now) and I have finally made it official that we're dating :D I'm a little more than ecstatic

Awesome :love: Yay for you two!:biglove::biglove:

@LMMS - that is awesome. I love old people.
@Psoro - your boyfriend is so thoughtful!

So.....yesterday I found out that I got an academic scholarship to podiatry school :wow::soexcited::soexcited::banana::banana: