Raw Score vs. Scaled Score

Started by j8131
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

j8131

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those who have taken the MCAT before April: do you get to see the scaling tables when you get your scores. Obviously, the AAMC practice tests have the tables that show the raw score ranges, but I've never seen a table for, say, April 2004 or any real test. Do you get that with your scores?
 
I don't think that info has the scaling tables. At least I can't find it.

I was kinda curious to see the tables for last year, so I checked. Am I just missing it?

Edit: By scaling tables, I mean raw score ranges for each scaled score (e..g 76 - 77 = 15, etc.)
 
I'd prefer never to see my raw score and the scale translation. My raw score is something AAMC can know and keep to themselves, in my opinion <g>.

I had one very easy question on PS (and there weren't many easy slam-dunks, were there?) and I made a stupid calculation error while scratching in the margin - couldn't figure out why my answer wasn't there - looked over my math, couldn't see it - guessed wrong answer - moved on due to time pressure. The sixth-grade algebra error I was making came to me Sunday. Anybody else obsessing over one or two questions? (Better than crying over the whole thing.)

But if I saw my raw scores and was one correct answer away from the next higher ranking and a point higher on my MCAT total - I don't think I'd jump off a bridge, but it sure wouldn't be pretty.

Right now I'm telling myself that I'll be right in the middle of whatever score I get in PS - 2 or 3 answers (or more) away from the next higher score. That's the story I'm telling myself, and I'm sticking with it.

I could live with that indefinitely. Or until August, the way things are going.