RC 16 in DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jacksonnnn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My RC was 16, but AA was 20, TS 21, and PAT 22. Should I still retake it? Please help! I'm very confused.. if I take it again, I'm not sure if I can maintain my other scores, AND my application will be delayed..... But if I don't take it again, will this 16 jeopardize my acceptance? Any advice is greatllly appreciated...
My overall GPA: 3.64
Science GPA: 3.67
AADSAS GPA: 3.59

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Will that 16 be a red flag to many schools? Yes. Can you be accepted with a 16 RC? Yes, but it will be harder because your chances significantly diminished.

Just apply broadly, and I think you can get in somewhere. I would probably schedule a retake 3 months from now. This will give you a really great chance of an acceptance if you interview pre-December and score well on the DAT.

Will that 16 be a red flag to many schools? Yes. Can you be accepted with a 16 RC? Yes, but it will be harder because your chances significantly diminished.

Just apply broadly, and I think you can get in somewhere. I would probably schedule a retake 3 months from now. This will give you a really great chance of an acceptance if you interview pre-December and score well on the DAT.
Thank you so much! Actually I took my first DAT last year, and I got AA 19, TS 20, PA 18, RC 17. Do you think the dental schools will compare these two DAT scores to make decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much! Actually I took my first DAT last year, and I got AA 19, TS 20, PA 18, RC 17. Do you think the dental schools will compare these two DAT scores to make decision?

If this is your second time retaking the DAT, then I wouldn't retake it. I think dental schools will compare both scores, but they will take the recent one. The second time I took my DAT, my RC went down as well.

I know a few classmates with 16 in RC. Your other scores and GPA are good. Don't retake. In the grand scheme I doubt that RC is a big deal for adcom

I know a few classmates with 16 in RC. Your other scores and GPA are good. Don't retake. In the grand scheme I doubt that RC is a big deal for adcom
Thanks a lot, you give me a lot of confidence, maybe I should try your school as well. lol

If this is your second time retaking the DAT, then I wouldn't retake it. I think dental schools will compare both scores, but they will take the recent one. The second time I took my DAT, my RC went down as well.
OK, I see. Thank you for your sharing. I'll try to apply first.

Thanks a lot, you give me a lot of confidence, maybe I should try your school as well. lol

I think my school is pretty selective on OOS applicants, but it doesn't hurt to try if you're interested in the program. Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions. Best of luck!