RC and pre-clinical tech. correlation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moler

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.ada.org/sections/educationAndCareers/pdfs/dat_validity_study.pdf
Look at Table 2.

does anyone else find it weird that DAT RC scores are a good predictor of pre-clinical tech. grades in d school? please correct me if im wrong, but isnt pre-clinical all the hands-on stuff performed in lab?

Members don't see this ad.

also, it looks like QR is more important than i thought/heard...

Members don't see this ad :)
The impression that I get from pre-clin grading is that its incredibly nit picky? Probably have to follow directions to the T. I feel that a lot of people get questions on RC wrong because they read too fast or glossed over an answer so they chose an answer choice which did not completely answer the question.

Might have to do with that?

The impression that I get from pre-clin grading is that its incredibly nit picky? Probably have to follow directions to the T. I feel that a lot of people get questions on RC wrong because they read too fast or glossed over an answer so they chose an answer choice which did not completely answer the question.

Might have to do with that?

hm, good point. PAT fail.

hm, good point. PAT fail.

wow seriously. seems like that PAT section is a waste lol but then again so is AA its only 33% significant. QR is up there but seems like your GPAs have more of a tale to tell.

No wonder d-schools value a high GPA over a high DAT.

i'd say 60% is hardly a large enough correlation to consider RC scores a strong predictor. Also, if you look at table 8, you'll see that the numbers have jumped around from 2004-2008. RC scores were having the lowest correlations, while GPA and PAT had the highest. Either way, I don't believe there is anything that could be considered a strong predictor to how we'll do in the pre-clinical lab because there is just now way to gauge that.

i'd say 60% is hardly a large enough correlation to consider RC scores a strong predictor. Also, if you look at table 8, you'll see that the numbers have jumped around from 2004-2008. RC scores were having the lowest correlations, while GPA and PAT had the highest. Either way, I don't believe there is anything that could be considered a strong predictor to how we'll do in the pre-clinical lab because there is just now way to gauge that.

damn those statistically significant studies hahah nothing is 100% dude. 60% is pretty damn high, but i guess delusion is the norm on this forum regarding stats. :)

Or we could look at this from a completely different angle.

The DAT is administered by the ADA.
The study is conducted by the ADA.

What is the study trying to validated? The DAT.
In other words... its trying to prove to the world that there is worth in using the DAT as a gauge for comparing applicants. So... please pay that $300+ test taking fee :laugh:

yes stats and numbers are all made up. its all a conspiracy theory.

there is no d-school. :D if thats what u want to hear ill be happy to oblige in the delusion.