RC Format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickensoupdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I've been practicing with Crack DAT Reading, and was wondering what the real test looks like...

How does the format for Crack DAT Reading (one question per page, with passage below, etc.) compare to the RC format on the real DAT? Is it similar? What are the differences?
Also, how does the difficulty between Crack DAT Reading compare to the actual test?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

IMO i think CDR is most similar to real DAT.
I tried CDR, Kaplan RC, Topscore RC.
Kaplan RC and Topscore RC were very technical, very hard to read through so people use search and destroy. I thought these were significantly harder than the real test and they do not have tone questions.

But CDR is very doable with tone questions ( there were about 2~3 tone questions for each passage on the real DAT). What I did for CDR is I just read through the whole passage once in 5~7 min and start tackling the questions. No search and destroy was necessary for me.

My Highest scores
CDR = 22
Kaplan RC = 19
Topscore = 22
Real DAT = 26
As you can see, RC is very doable! :) good luck!

As for the format, you first get the entire passage. Then you get a question per page with the passage below the question. Just like Topscore and CDR