RC layout

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmasterpeezy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my DAT is in about a week and a half, and i just started doing RC... i have Qvault and Bootcamp, hopefully these are good practice materials but my question is what is the real layout of the DAT RC portion? At least for Qvault its the entire passage and only one question per page. Is the actual DAT like that? or are all the questions visible, i ask because S&D would be much more efficient if i could see more than one question at a time.

Members don't see this ad.

So my DAT is in about a week and a half, and i just started doing RC... i have Qvault and Bootcamp, hopefully these are good practice materials but my question is what is the real layout of the DAT RC portion? At least for Qvault its the entire passage and only one question per page. Is the actual DAT like that? or are all the questions visible, i ask because S&D would be much more efficient if i could see more than one question at a time.

I think bootcamp is very good on representing the RC. My RC portion have multiple questions regarding one paragraph and some paragraph have no questions on it.

I practice the method of reading the questions and write down the keywords about the question first before reading the passage. I did the 5 bootcamp RC and that's all I prepare for it. I got a 20 on my RC.

On a side note, I do read science article on a daily basis from pubmed for leisure (I am a nerd) but that only helped me on knowing more science and really help in RC speed.

thank you for this link! I was just wondering about this; good thing i checked SDN first.

edit: looks very similar to cracktheDAT software.

since we are talking about format and layout, i got a few questions. So does everyone work at different pace? Like if I am on my optional break, can I just get up to go to the bathroom even though other people are still working? Thanks.

Last edited:
thank you for this link! I was just wondering about this; good thing i checked SDN first.

edit: looks very similar to cracktheDAT software.

since we are talking about format and layout, i got a few questions. So does everyone work at different pace? Like if I am on my optional break, can I just get up to go to the bathroom even though other people are still working? Thanks.

Yes, the person next to you could be taking any number of tests Prometric offers and will have different timing.