RC on DAT bootcamp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ikulu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My exam is in 2 weeks, and I am just boosting my reading comprehension skills. I came across this question on test 3, and I don't really understand it's meaning.

"Humans could not exist in the early atmosphere because after the Big Bang because the production of helium ceased."

(no, its not a typo on my part)

Since I understand from the passage that the helium production eventually stopped, I put down
"the statement is not correct, but the reason is"

However, the answer is "both statements are correct, but are not related."

So my question is, what is the statement in the question? Is it simply just Humans did not exist after the big bang? It would seem too simple then no?

Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

My exam is in 2 weeks, and I am just boosting my reading comprehension skills. I came across this question on test 3, and I don't really understand it's meaning.

"Humans could not exist in the early atmosphere because after the Big Bang because the production of helium ceased."

(no, its not a typo on my part)

Since I understand from the passage that the helium production eventually stopped, I put down
"the statement is not correct, but the reason is"

However, the answer is "both statements are correct, but are not related."

So my question is, what is the statement in the question? Is it simply just Humans did not exist after the big bang? It would seem too simple then no?

Thanks guys.

That seems like it would be the statement to me. I'm working on DAT Bootcamp RC right now too. What strategy are you using?

I tried search and destroy for exam 2, and I scored a 17.

So I went back to my original method. I would read 2 questions first, and then read over the passage until I can answer both of those questions. However, instead of trying to memorize where everything is, I actually try to understand the passage. I finished exam 3 with 5 minutes left, and scored a 20 this time. So I think this is what I will do from now on.

I disagree with the answer to that question because the passage states how helium continues to be produced in stars by fusion; therefore, the production of helium did not cease.

Although I found my time with Bootcamp to be highly valuable, I think the reading section is the least valuable of all the sections. I found the reasoning that was used to answer questions was not consistent throughout the tests, and occasionally was incorrect, as in the above question.