RC section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Verbena

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I took the DAT last year, I had the hardest time going through the RC section.

The RC question took up 3/4 of the computer screen and there was only 1/4 of the screen left for me to read the paragraphs. Basically the paragraphs were in a tiny box, which took up 1/4 of the screen and not more than 2 inches in height, so I had to scroll up and down and up and down to read the essay and find the answers.

Even the marker and white board they gave me to use during the test was hideous. The marker was dull and barely had any ink left in it so I couldn't write down anything.

Was it like this for everyone?

Members don't see this ad.

When I took the DAT last year, I had the hardest time going through the RC section.

The RC question took up 3/4 of the computer screen and there was only 1/4 of the screen left for me to read the paragraphs. Basically the paragraphs were in a tiny box, which took up 1/4 of the screen and not more than 2 inches in height, so I had to scroll up and down and up and down to read the essay and find the answers.

Even the marker and white board they gave me to use during the test was hideous. The marker was dull and barely had any ink left in it so I couldn't write down anything.

Was it like this for everyone?

Since no one is replying. Its the same for everyone. Basically testing center which administers the test prometric has the same software installed in every computer in their company. So what you have is the same exact thing for everyone else. and its very Highly unlikely to malfunction on just your computer... hope this helps.

those pens are absolutely crapful. it screwed me over on the pat, when i was tallying for the cube counting section. the ink kept fading, and i couldnt tell apart my lines. during my 15 minute break i knew then for sure i wouldnt be able to rely on these pens for the math section, so i just asked the prometric ppl to give me scratch paper and pencil

those pens are absolutely crapful. it screwed me over on the pat, when i was tallying for the cube counting section. the ink kept fading, and i couldnt tell apart my lines. during my 15 minute break i knew then for sure i wouldnt be able to rely on these pens for the math section, so i just asked the prometric ppl to give me scratch paper and pencil

They gave you the options of Paper & Pencil / Pen & plastic sheets?

Members don't see this ad :)
no they give u an eraser, 2 boards to write on, and some pens. they were screwing me over so i went and asked for paper and pencil, and they gave it to me

i dont know if it was just my pens that werent working (i had to call them to replace my pens 3 times, so i ran through a total of around 12 pens, and none of them lasted more than 3-5 minutes of actual writing)...but im seriously flabberghasted that they wouldnt just let ppl use paper to start off with...we're paying them 200 bucks per test, whats the deal?