RCSI Dublin 6 year program: Good idea? Hows the program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AllenHorford

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, just wondering who else is looking to go to RCSI for fall 2011 for the 6 year med program
also for anyone who has information or is already in the program, hows the teaching, material etc. ?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
well you are going to pay a lot more for a 6 year program internationally, especially at rcsi.

well you are going to pay a lot more for a 6 year program internationally, especially at rcsi.

yeah i know :\
the deposit for RCSI is due in 21 days
im still waiting to hear from UCD and NUIG
does anyone know whats happening with their acceptances/rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
RCSI is a great school and while it is expensive you are going to get a world class medical education. It also has an excellent track record and a very good match rate back to Canada or US if you so choose. UCD and NUIG are also very good from what i have heard and you will get a great education either way. My advice would be follow what you think is best! Bottom line is you will get a good education where ever you go if you put in time and effort.

All of the students learn the same thing, so it's just a matter of what school you choose. I got offers from RCSI and UCD for the 6 year program, and I chose UCD because it's a lot cheaper and not right in the city center. By the way, the 21 days start from the date that's listed on the letter, not the day you receive the offer!

ok thanks!
is anyone considering going to the 6 year program at RCSI here?

I was considering RCSI at first, but then I changed my mind to UCD. To me, it seems like you're paying an extra 16,000 Euros just for the name, because you train at the same hospitals and everything pretty much.

I was considering RCSI at first, but then I changed my mind to UCD. To me, it seems like you're paying an extra 16,000 Euros just for the name, because you train at the same hospitals and everything pretty much.

To be honest, if i got accepted to UCD id be going there. Just because the cost is ridiculously cheaper.

ok thanks!
is anyone considering going to the 6 year program at RCSI here?

I am as well, but the big price is definitely a draw back. Although if i can get a bank loan and maybe some money from OSAP (doubtful) then i should be able to afford it.