rcsi financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wellwisher05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a canadian student applying for the 6 year program at RCSI Ireland and also thinking of applying at RCSI Bahrain.

RCSI, is really expensive and canadian students are eligible for a
$150 000 professional student line of credit. I was wondering, if this
loan is re-newable? I dont have rich parents who can pay
the rest of the $ 300 000. Should I just opt out of medicine at RCSI,
is there a way to get so much loan. any thought? How do current
students pay so much?

Help would be appreciated. Also RCSI Bahrain is cheaper, about
$35 000/year. How is the campus life in bahrain? What about the
degree, i heard its not the same. Overall, is studying in the
middleeast worth it?

Thanks. Hope to here from everyone soon.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a canadian student applying for the 6 year program at RCSI Ireland and also thinking of applying at RCSI Bahrain.

RCSI, is really expensive and canadian students are eligible for a
$150 000 professional student line of credit.
I was wondering, if this
loan is re-newable? I dont have rich parents who can pay
the rest of the $ 300 000. Should I just opt out of medicine at RCSI,
is there a way to get so much loan. any thought? How do current
students pay so much?

Help would be appreciated. Also RCSI Bahrain is cheaper, about
$35 000/year. How is the campus life in bahrain? What about the
degree, i heard its not the same. Overall, is studying in the
middleeast worth it?

Thanks. Hope to here from everyone soon.

can anyone confirm if this is true or if not then is there an actual student loan for Canadians wanting to study abroad?

you can withdraw two lines of credit from two different banks. some offer loans of up to $200,000. So this way you can take out 300,000-350,000 or so. Of course, you need cosigners for both banks. Furthermore, you can get an osap loan of about 10,000 per year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it is true and what IamSuperDoctor said is true as well. Banks like RBC, TD and Scotia (I think) offer you between $150-200k in professional student line of credit and until you graduate you only pay the interest (which works out to something like $300/year).
One of the tactics some students in Australia employ is putting the money in an Australian account where the interest is higher. That way they pay the interest on the LOC with the interest the bank pays on their balance.

Also, wrt RCSI Bahrain, I thought they only had a public health program, not an MD/MBBS program. I could be wrong though.

oh and yes, you can combine them but you do need cosigners who have some collateral. ie. if your parents own a reasonably valued house, you should be in good shape.

wow, thanks for the info guys! might need to use some of this info at the interview and btw RCSI does have a 6 year MD program, not sure if there's a GEP program as well.

Why would you discuss this at te interview? Let them offer you a place first, then ask them. There are 100s of kids who will have rich mums and dads paying for them and they would gladly take your spot.

Also, I was asking if RCSI Bahrain had the 6yr,Ireland certainly does

Why would you discuss this at te interview? Let them offer you a place first, then ask them. There are 100s of kids who will have rich mums and dads paying for them and they would gladly take your spot.

Also, I was asking if RCSI Bahrain had the 6yr,Ireland certainly does

tuche and yes RCSI Bahrain definately has the 6 year program, i know because i applied for it.