RDEP anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wuyide

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I just found out that I was accepted for the RDEP. This means that I would go to the University of Utah for the first year of D-school and the last 3 in Nebraska at Creighton. I'm super pumped because the advantage of this program is that I only have to pay the equivalent of in-state-tuition. Just some rough estimating shows a savings of around $100,000+ over the course of four years. My other choices are Maryland and BU. In Boston I wouldn't have to pay rent so that makes them about the same price as Maryland.... anyone wanna make a life-altering choice for me?... j/k... but I am really curious to find out if anyone on this site is actually part of RDEP right now and I'm also open to any advice anybody might have for me. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

wuyide said:
Hi. I just found out that I was accepted for the RDEP. This means that I would go to the University of Utah for the first year of D-school and the last 3 in Nebraska at Creighton. I'm super pumped because the advantage of this program is that I only have to pay the equivalent of in-state-tuition. Just some rough estimating shows a savings of around $100,000+ over the course of four years. My other choices are Maryland and BU. In Boston I wouldn't have to pay rent so that makes them about the same price as Maryland.... anyone wanna make a life-altering choice for me?... j/k... but I am really curious to find out if anyone on this site is actually part of RDEP right now and I'm also open to any advice anybody might have for me. Thanks!
I would do the RDEP if I were you. I am so sick of traffic, big cities suck for me, Omaha would be a nice break from the big city. I would dare say that Maryland would be a better school, but who cares, you become a dentist no matter where you go, price is going to be a big thing in the up coming years with the feds jumping the interest rate again another 2% this July, soon it will be capped at 8.25. That is alot of interest paid, so go cheap, its cheap to live in Omaha.

Congrats on the RDEP! It is fairly cheap to live in Omaha. As for Maryland, they may have a better basketball team but I would not say the D-school is better. A big name doesn't always mean better. All of the RDEP students in my class are very happy to be here. Good luck on your decision.