Re-App 101

Started by MD2008
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MD2008

i want it all
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If one does not get in the first time around, is it okay to use the same exact info. from the amcas app to the new amcas app (ie personal statement, wording of EC's. /Volunteering stuff etc)😳

Do you have to re-write everything?😱



THANKS:luck:
 
Definitely update your app. I saved a few things like older ECs that hadn't changed, but I did add to the descriptions of some of them with more current information. The PS should be completely different.

Schools keep your old apps on file. It's very bad to submit the same one the next year: reapps are supposed to show improvement and further dedication to medicine by doing more: your PS and ECs should reflect that.
 
I actually called and asked many of the schools I am reapplying to and they all told me I can use my essays form last year. Many of the schools told me that they lock all of last year's apps up after the cycle's over and will no longer look at them. They told me that they wouldn't have any idea that the essays were the same as the year before. I made some alterations on mine, but nothing serious. 1 interview invite so far, and I'm an August MCAT taker.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually called and asked many of the schools I am reapplying to and they all told me I can use my essays form last year. Many of the schools told me that they lock all of last year's apps up after the cycle's over and will no longer look at them. They told me that they wouldn't have any idea that the essays were the same as the year before. I made some alterations on mine, but nothing serious. 1 interview invite so far, and I'm an August MCAT taker.

Yeah I left my ECs basically the same and have just added any new activities to them..
 
Same story here... after not getting off waitlists, added one EC, changed the beginning of my PS a little but other than that, pretty much submitted the same application. 1 interview, 1 acceptance!

PS- I'm so thankful that AMCAS saves all the grades you entered from the previous cycle... having to reenter everything would have pushed the limits of my reapplication motivation back in July.