Re-App MD/DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futuretrashwoman

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I am a re-app for this cycle. I applied during the COVID cycle last year with a 3.4cGPA/3.2sGPA. I have a significant upwards trend (did very poorly during my freshman year). Last cycle, I applied to 11 MD, 10 DO. My MCAT was postponed due to COVID so I submitted my entire app in late August. I did not receive any interviews, but did receive several interview holds (I know those don't mean anything).

I already submitted my primary application for the 2022 cycle for verification. I will be receiving an Addendum by my Post-Bacc program for my previously written Committee Letter. This addendum will feature what I did during the COVID year.

CA resident; Undergrad & Post-Bacc in PA
AMCAS GPA: cGPA: 3.44 sGPA: 3.2
MCAT 1st attempt: 505 (125/125/126/129) 2nd attempt 511 (129/126/128/128)
Ethnicity: white (ORM), I identify as a member of the LGBT community and write about it in my activities section.
Post-Bacc Institution Committee Letter

Clinical experience:
1. Clinical Research Associate in Trauma/ICU/ORs during Undergrad- 2800 Hours
2. Clinical Research Associate for an Electrophysiology/Cardiology Lab-- current (will work 1800 hours).
---submitted 2 Abstracts on 6/10/2021 to present at a Conference in November 2021
3. 60 Hours shadowing MDs

Volunteering:
1. Hospital Volunteering 137 hours
2. Co-Ed Fraternity Volunteering 80 hours
3. Mentored underrepresented students 500 hours (talked about this experience extensively in PS/activities)
4. Virtual Tutoring of Post-Bacc students during COVID-19 pandemic 25 hours (EDIT)

Research:
Public Health and Policy Research-- 280 hours
Both Clinical Research experiences involved direct patient/clinical staff contact--I consented patients, consulted with their physicians on eligibility, performed Blood Pressure tests/Orthostatic Tests, analyzed patient samples, data analysis



I am very appreciative on all advice. I am planning on applying MD/DO again.
 
I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
California University
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Medical College Wisconsin
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
For DO schools I suggest these:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
ATSU (both schools)
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
ACOM
WVSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
WCU-COM
Touro-NY
UNECOM
NYITCOM
Apply this month and submit all your secondaries by July.
 
I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
California University
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Medical College Wisconsin
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
For DO schools I suggest these:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
ATSU (both schools)
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
ACOM
WVSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
WCU-COM
Touro-NY
UNECOM
NYITCOM
Apply this month and submit all your secondaries by July.
Would you recommend applying to the UCs also? Sorry to ask even if that was implied!