Re-applicant Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lryan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am re-applying to some schools and was wondering what I should write for the secondaries? Some schools ask why our school? or what can you contribute? etc. Would it look bad if I wrote the same things I did last cycle in my current secondaries? My reasons for attending the school/what I can contribute won't change. Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

So I am re-applying to some schools and was wondering what I should write for the secondaries? Some schools ask why our school? or what can you contribute? etc. Would it look bad if I wrote the same things I did last cycle in my current secondaries? My reasons for attending the school/what I can contribute won't change. Thanks for your help!

That's what I'm doing, but I'm adding in new experiences and editing them up a bit. I figure if I'm going to submit a similar essay twice it better be on point the second time.

My reasons for attending the school/what I can contribute won't change.QUOTE]

(1) Reasoning can change, because you should be entering the cycle with one more year of experiences. This can change your perspective, values, goals, etc. When applicable, this can show your growth as a person.

(2) Perhaps they didn't change, but don't take for granted that your first responses were good ones. Anything could have contributed to an unsuccesful application.