Re applicant waitlisted before

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meetsub

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are re-applicants that were waitlisted before at a med school that rejects viewed.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
@gyngyn @Goro Just to be clear, if I was wait-listed on the 'top third' at two different schools (which is true), my chances for the next cycle at those schools have declined? (I've personally improved my application rather sufficiently, I think, but even assuming this wasn't the case.)

@gyngyn @Goro Just to be clear, if I was wait-listed on the 'top third' at two different schools (which is true), my chances for the next cycle at those schools have declined? (I've personally improved my application rather sufficiently, I think, but even assuming this wasn't the case.)
It depends on the school and their pool.
They assess whether the new pool has sufficient quality candidates to exceed the number needed to fill without re-sampling the old pool.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would also depend upon how many apps the receive, and the quality of those candidates.

Plus how you've remedied the deficits that landed you on the wait-list.

It depends on the school and their pool.
They assess whether the new pool has sufficient quality candidates to exceed the number needed to fill without re-sampling the old pool.

Reactions: 1 user
It would also depend upon how many apps the receive, and the quality of those candidates.

Plus how you've remedied the deficits that landed you on the wait-list
This is true.

We screen so hard that the only potential deficit is something revealed in the interview.
This is why we don't re-interview.
The odds that poor communication, motivation or interpersonal skills will improve in a year is pretty low...

Reactions: 1 users
Iiiinteresting. I appreciate the insight.

Reactions: 1 user