re-applying... anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bugslife

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone also a re-applicant here?

Members don't see this ad.

yes, I gave myself a two year plan. if i don't get in this year, I'm going to need to go through a career change. stressing over this. ahhhhh

Good luck everyone, but especially good luck to re applicants.

Hey buglife

So are u still reapplying to USC? I plan on sending my application materials by the end of this week. Good luck to all the reapplicants! Get those apps in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Scrubs Fan said:
yes, I gave myself a two year plan. if i don't get in this year, I'm going to need to go through a career change. stressing over this. ahhhhh

Good luck everyone, but especially good luck to re applicants.

hey Scrubs Fan, i'm in the same boat as you are. I'm giving myself a 2 year window to get into pharmacy school. what was your pcat score, gpa and which schools did you apply to last year?

I don't think anyone here can beat my number of applications: I'm currently on #4 (after five years of uni), still waiting to hear the decision on my alternate list status. Who knows, maybe I'll give it another shot if things don't go my way this year. (But, power of positive thinking: I will make it this year! I will make it this year!)

3 re-applications over 4 years? 4 applications over 5 years? Now that is determination. Hopefully they take it as a sign of desire to be a pharmacist, rather than an obsessively compulsive psychotic tendency and inability to take a hint. ;)

Anyone still waiting to hear from schools? I'm on the alternate list for PBA.

Seveneighty said:
I don't think anyone here can beat my number of applications: I'm currently on #4 (after five years of uni), still waiting to hear the decision on my alternate list status. Who knows, maybe I'll give it another shot if things don't go my way this year. (But, power of positive thinking: I will make it this year! I will make it this year!)

3 re-applications over 4 years? 4 applications over 5 years? Now that is determination. Hopefully they take it as a sign of desire to be a pharmacist, rather than an obsessively compulsive psychotic tendency and inability to take a hint. ;)

I was just wondering what you did different when you re-applied? Did you change your personal statement?

Improved my GPA, obviously, each year..

And wrote different 'letter of intent' each time.

I'm concentrating on my job this year. Then I'll go back to school and re-take some classes and take upper division classes while re-apply to pharm schools. I just want to rest and concentrate on working as an entry level researcher.

Should I retake classes that I received B in? If I received a C at one school, can I retake at another school? I graduated with a bio degree.

jiepper said:
I'm concentrating on my job this year. Then I'll go back to school and re-take some classes and take upper division classes while re-apply to pharm schools. I just want to rest and concentrate on working as an entry level researcher.

Should I retake classes that I received B in? If I received a C at one school, can I retake at another school? I graduated with a bio degree.

i'm in florida right now and i'm having a hard time trying to register for classes that I got a C in. I got a C for a class in a 4 year university and I want to retake it in a community college but they won't let me because they say I passed the class and florida law doesn't allow students to retake classes with C or better in state schools.

what can I do?

Seveneighty said:

hey im pretty close..this is my third year of reapplying..and im honestly tired of it! my gpa isnt that great i know..its barely a 3.0 (goofed up my first year of college) but i have a 94 on the PCATs..apparently that isnt enough..i get waitlisted every year..and right now i am on the waiting list at uic..dont know wht to do anymore! :(

rx22 said:
hey im pretty close..this is my third year of reapplying..and im honestly tired of it! my gpa isnt that great i know..its barely a 3.0 (goofed up my first year of college) but i have a 94 on the PCATs..apparently that isnt enough..i get waitlisted every year..and right now i am on the waiting list at uic..dont know wht to do anymore! :(

what schools have you been applying to?

ChemistI said:
what schools have you been applying to?

well all the IL schools..i applied to Ferris state..univ of florida..palm beach atlantic..just all over the place..i would really appreciate some advice on my situation! and oh i also have 5 years of pharmacy experience..

rx22 said:
well all the IL schools..i applied to Ferris state..univ of florida..palm beach atlantic..just all over the place..i would really appreciate some advice on my situation! and oh i also have 5 years of pharmacy experience..

wow, you're scaring me! :scared:

have you tried to improve your GPA?

rx22 said:

Have you started retaking any courses? That's an awesome PCAT score! And have you been getting any interview offers?

mustangrolla said:
Hey buglife

So are u still reapplying to USC? I plan on sending my application materials by the end of this week. Good luck to all the reapplicants! Get those apps in!

yeah i am applying to USC again (i think it's my first choice)... good luck on your apps and everyone else's, too!

Don't give up. I admire your persistance! If pharmacy is your passion, giving up is not an option (cheesy i know)

This is my 2nd time reapplying...I'll am going to continue applying until they let me in.

Try NOVA! They start interviewing very early! So does Shenandoah.