Feb 19, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I am applying this cycle and there is a chance I might have to re-apply again next year. I was wondering if schools accept the same Letter of recommendations or do I need to go get entirely new ones?

thank you

Jan 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I am applying this cycle and there is a chance I might have to re-apply again next year. I was wondering if schools accept the same Letter of recommendations or do I need to go get entirely new ones?

thank you
Most schools that I've asked about this ask that one letter be written in the last 12 months. So, I would either get your writers to write updated ones or just get one extra letter from someone.

Brown8472

10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2008
NY
Status
Medical Student
Well, I guess it differs from place to place. In my case, my school has a pre-med committee, so my letters went from the writers to the pre-med directly without me seeing them and they were good for 5 years according to the pre-med office. When I applied, one of my letters was 2 years old and I was accepted with no complaints about its validity.

Anyway, check with the school you are applying to because some may have specific rules.:thumbup: