1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Re-applying to arizona?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by REDSOX08, Apr 9, 2007.

1. REDSOX08

5+ Year Member

did anyone who applied to arizona and got an interview, but was not accepted, get an interview the following year and then get accepted? Thats what I am hoping happens to me for the 08 cylce. best of luck to all of you.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    I'll tell you that it has happened, but you need to change something about your application. In other words, if you weren't competitive this year, then you won't be competitive next year. This would generally apply to ALL dental schools, not just Arizona. Submitting the same application will likely net you the same results if you are applying to schools you've already applied to previously.

4. diane07

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    That sounds about right . . . when you reapply you need to improve your application. Figure out where you were weak, and make that stronger.

5. natedizzle

natedizzle Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    My girlfriend did it this year. She dramatically increased her DAT and also boosted her GPA and got a bunch of awards for an organization she was involved with on campus. Arizona is different though from a lot of schools. It doesn't always matter if you have stellar scores because they look at if you want to help the underserved and get involved with public health.

6. prplmnkydshwshr

prplmnkydshwshr Membership Revoked
    Removed

the fact that you are reapplying should tell you all you need to know.