re-applying to suny

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi

i really need some advice and help. i applied to suny for class of 2010 first i was waitlilsted and just now learned i did not get in. my stats were good i got a 380 on the OAT's and a 3.6 gpa. however the interview did not go well.
i did not enough exposure to optometry and am working on doing more volunteer work. but i need to know if i want to reapply do i just fill out the same application again.....do i need to resend my transcripts, oat scores..cuz they shoudl have that....i was planning on getting a new letter form an optometrist. should i apply early decision this time. suny is the only school i want to go to and the only one i applied to. any help would realllly be appreciated. thanx in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi blueyes. Most of the time if you are a reapplicant, you have to fill out the same application as first timers, but they might have a box to check if you are a reapplicant. The only thing that might be different is the essay. First time applicants usually write about why they chose optometry, etc.

Re-applicants usually have to write about what they have done since their last time applying, to make yourself a better applicant. This is a perfect time to add any extra volunteer work, shadowing or retaking OAT. You don't have to send a new transcript (OAT scores either) unless you have taken any new classes that weren't on the one they already have.

Unfortunately you did not get in this time, but with the extra time to really strenghten your optometric experience (your stats look great to me!), you should be the first one to get the application on their desk for the next admissions cycle! Make sure you talk to an admissions counselor as well, to get a clear understanding on of what they are looking for you to improve on so you will stand out for next time. Good luck to you.

blueyes said:
hi

i really need some advice and help. i applied to suny for class of 2010 first i was waitlilsted and just now learned i did not get in. my stats were good i got a 380 on the OAT's and a 3.6 gpa. however the interview did not go well.
i did not enough exposure to optometry and am working on doing more volunteer work. but i need to know if i want to reapply do i just fill out the same application again.....do i need to resend my transcripts, oat scores..cuz they shoudl have that....i was planning on getting a new letter form an optometrist. should i apply early decision this time. suny is the only school i want to go to and the only one i applied to. any help would realllly be appreciated. thanx in advance.

Your stats are so good, I don't know why they don't take you. What happened in your interview? Have you ever met Dr. Johston in admission?