Re-examinations??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ineffable11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I just got my upcoming first year academinc year schedule for Temple today. Quick question though, it says " re-examinations"==from JUly 5- jULY 29,2011...
what is re-examinations period for? could someone explain?
thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys.
I just got my upcoming first year academinc year schedule for Temple today. Quick question though, it says " re-examinations"==from JUly 5- jULY 29,2011...
what is re-examinations period for? could someone explain?
thanks!!!

Don't know for sure but it could be a period of time where students take remediation exams if they failed any courses during the first year. If they pass the remediation exam they will end up with a "C" for the class.

sound like it..
so ppl who did fine during the semester can have whole first summer off i guess?

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools have that option. It's called re-takes, re-exams, etc. If you fail a course, they let you take another comp exam and get an F/C or sometimes even a C. Either way, it's sufficient to move on if you pass the exam.

Barry doesn't have that. If you get an F or a couple Ds in a year, you repeat the year to re-take those courses in their entirity (or get dismissed... depending on faculty group decision).

sound like it..
so ppl who did fine during the semester can have whole first summer off i guess?

Same at Western. I'm just chillaxin' for the next 1.5 months :D.

Those who only failed one class have to remediate that class during the summer. If you fail more, like Barry, it is up to the committee whether you have to come back for the full year, take the classes again, or kick you out entirely.

Unfortunately, we had 2 who had to come back next year and be part of the class of 2014, and 1 who was kicked out completely.