Re-instatement Petition (non-academic withdrawal)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

szechuan_sauced

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
(edit)
I am currently petitioning to restart medical school after withdrawing a couple years ago (this wasn't related to academics or coursework, it was for family reasons). I also withdrew within the first 2 weeks of school. Does anyone have advice on writing the petition letter or what to expect during the one-hour long meeting with the academic review board? Any advice would be much appreciated!
 
Last edited:
Did you withdraw good standing? How far along were you?

Suggesting contacting those Faculty members with whom you had a good rapport and ask them for advise on how to approach this.
Thank you for the advice! I withdrew within the first couple weeks of starting so I left in good standing.