Re-Interview Request?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abibas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a "stress" interview today and I remember reading somewhere that if you don't feel you performed well on your interview that you can request another one immediately. Has anyone done this?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a "stress" interview today and I remember reading somewhere that if you don't feel you performed well on your interview that you can request another one immediately. Has anyone done this?

Don't mean to be an ass, but if you don't feel you performed well, that's your fault. If you feel like your interviewer's style was UNFAIR, however, tell us the specifics of why it was unfair and we'll give you some input.

often the "stress" interviews usually turn out to be the best. by best i mean = acceptance

Members don't see this ad :)

There's a big difference between not feeling like you performed well and not feeling like you got a fair interview. The schools tend to reinterview for the latter, not the former, and only in specific instances like blatant racism or discrimination.

It's not a flippant, "hey I don't think I answered as well, can I get a second shot." Best just to learn from this experience, and move on and hope for the best.

Usually if that is the case, you ask for another interview while you are still there for interview day. Some schools will give you another interview with a different faculty. I personally wouldn't think they look upon this very highly.

Even if you don;t think it went well, I've heard from a bunch of people that they have gottne accepted to schools where they had these stress interviews and felt they didn't do well... So it's hard to judge interviews. So unless there was something extremely wrong, i wouldn't sweat it... But if you do feel it went horrible, you could call the admissions and ask them if there is anything you can do.

Immediately passed when you walked out the door.

As others have said, there is a difference between not performing well and your interviewer being inappropriate.

well he preemptively questioned my commitment to medicine and set up a trap for me and I took the bait... when in reality I am completely committed to medicine

well he preemptively questioned my commitment to medicine and set up a trap for me and I took the bait... when in reality I am completely committed to medicine

Well, your 'commitment to medicine' seems like an appropriate and unsurprising topic for an interview. What do you mean the interviewer 'set up a trap'?:confused:

*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*

OP it sounds like u prob had a stress interview or just a more difficult one, but from what little info you have provided it doesn't seem like it was entirely unfair. I'd say just hope for the best, b/c requesting a re-interview might reflect negatively upon you, esp if they know/agree with the style of that particular interviewer... Sorry and good luck to you!

*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*igrone the troll*