Re-interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

senseiturtle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in my third application year. I have pretty good stats, average GPA but fairly high MCAT. For the particular school in question, I was left on the waiting list until the last day on my 2nd application.

I was interviewed in early November at the same school. I received a "no final action" letter after what I thought was a very positive interview experience. Now, 3 months later, I just received a " we would like to re-interview" letter.

I'm somewhat stunned at this, but optimistic. Is this a common thing? Is this a particularly good, or bad sign ? I've never heard of this school doing re-interviews, so I'm a little confused, but I'm just happy it isn't a rejection.

Any experience with "re-interviews" ? What possible scenarios were likely to have occurred to have this happen?

Members don't see this ad.

just my guess, but at some schools, the interviewers are supposed to return an evaluation form within a certain time period. Perhaps your interviewer didn't return the form within the time frame (or didn't return it at all, or it was lost in the admission office). That's what I think would be a likely explanation. Good luck on your re-interview.

if u had more than one interviewer, maybe they gave u significantly different scores...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, never heard of this, but it's anoter chance to shine. Take it and dont think twice.

Can I ask you what school you are talking about? I maybe able to help you out. PM me if you like!