• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

senseiturtle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm in my third application year. I have pretty good stats, average GPA but fairly high MCAT. For the particular school in question, I was left on the waiting list until the last day on my 2nd application.

I was interviewed in early November at the same school. I received a "no final action" letter after what I thought was a very positive interview experience. Now, 3 months later, I just received a " we would like to re-interview" letter.

I'm somewhat stunned at this, but optimistic. Is this a common thing? Is this a particularly good, or bad sign ? I've never heard of this school doing re-interviews, so I'm a little confused, but I'm just happy it isn't a rejection.

Any experience with "re-interviews" ? What possible scenarios were likely to have occurred to have this happen?

leftwing00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2005
Status (Visible)
just my guess, but at some schools, the interviewers are supposed to return an evaluation form within a certain time period. Perhaps your interviewer didn't return the form within the time frame (or didn't return it at all, or it was lost in the admission office). That's what I think would be a likely explanation. Good luck on your re-interview.

iwannagomed

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
if u had more than one interviewer, maybe they gave u significantly different scores...

About the Ads

PugMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2006
Virginia
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hmm, never heard of this, but it's anoter chance to shine. Take it and dont think twice.

T14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Can I ask you what school you are talking about? I maybe able to help you out. PM me if you like!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.