Re-matriculation

Started by oriorden
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oriorden

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a complex topic.

I was a medical student from 1990-1993, did fine academically with a 3.0 average, passed Step 1 in June 1992,and finished 2 rotations. Due to a personal/family problem, I voluntarily withdrew from the School in Nov. 1993 since my focus was not there. Now, of course, I want to re-apply and am considering advanced standing--prefer into a second-year class versus 3rd, since it's been so long. Of course, I will retake the MCAT next year, and apply for normal 1st year admission. Am a Public Health Officer in the Air Force. What are my chances? I am not competitive in character and will go for F.P. or Psychiatry. Have talked to some schools already. Am 32 and single. Any advice would be appreciated.

leo