Re: Percocet Scale Down

Started by Sardinia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

S

Sardinia

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At CVS I was notified that they they can no longer accept percocet 5/325 and have to contact the doctor to scale down the dosage to 5/300. If this had anything to do with narcotic control I would expect the oxycodone to be scaled down. My friend told me she just got a script filled for it in Florida. Therefore, I'm thinking this is more of a supply issue. Has anyone else gotten a similar memo in their stores?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Percocet 5/325 is not being effected by the new acetaminophen rules. The max amount of allowable acetaminophen will be 325 mg.
 
Percocet 5/325 is not being effected by the new acetaminophen rules. The max amount of allowable acetaminophen will be 325 mg.

Is it a law or recommendation? I know the FDA is asking manufacturers to limit the strength (hence the /300 came out), but the higher APAP strengths are still on the market. Those will eventually be phased out soon so it won't matter.
 
At CVS I was notified that they they can no longer accept percocet 5/325 and have to contact the doctor to scale down the dosage to 5/300. If this had anything to do with narcotic control I would expect the oxycodone to be scaled down. My friend told me she just got a script filled for it in Florida. Therefore, I'm thinking this is more of a supply issue. Has anyone else gotten a similar memo in their stores?


Percocet? No. Vicodin? Yes.