re-take a&p 2

Started by mkd212
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mkd212

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i have kind of a weird situation:
i graduated from a university that did not have any for of exercise science/pt program and was a psychology major. I took A&P 1 over the summer at my county college between my sophomore and junior year and got an A pretty easily. That following spring semester of my junior year, I decided I wanted to be ambitious and try to do A&P 2 as a hybrid class (lectures online, labs on the weekend once a month). I would not receive credit at my home institution and it was purely for the PT prereqs. However, this proved to be tougher than I initially thought because I was also taking a full course load at my regular college while dancing on our varsity dance team. Halfway through the semester, I decided I couldn't do it anymore and wanted to drop A&P 2 but they said the only way to do this was in person and I had missed the deadline to do so. Needless to say I ended up with an F because I did not complete the course and couldn't withdraw. I'm retaking it now with the hopes of getting an A but I was just wondering how I should address this with my application... I'm fully aware that I made a huge mistake/misjudgement by thinking I could handle all that in one semester and I don't want this to wreck my chances at PT school. If anyone has any advice on if/how I should address this in my application I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.
 
I think if you retake it in getting a it might just balanced out as a c when they average the two out not a dealbreaker as long as your other classes are good.