Re-take organic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Louisiana Girl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to take the Kaplan course, but I just can't afford it. I am really worried about the organic chem part so should I retake the course? If so what part is mostly on the DAT organic 1 or 2. I don't feel comfortable with the information I got out of it the first time. What do you suggest?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

There is an online Kaplan Organic Edge course that is specifically just Organic. It is cheaper than the entire Kaplan course and probably cheaper than tuition to retake Organic at your school. I used it and thought it was very helpful.

When are you planning to take DAT?
If you have enough time, retaking OC in local city college would be the best review.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you need to simply refresh the material, I think the test pre material would be better for you. Personally, I chose to retake ochem because though I passed ochem it was during a really difficult time for me so I had a bunch of things running through my mind at the time and I know the material didn't sink into my brain as much as it should have. I think its a matter of how comfortable you feel with it. If you can look at something and have a bit of an idea about how to tackel it or it looks a little familiar to it then I think test prep aides should suffice.