Re-taking DAT. When should I send in Application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ranasayys

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been planning to send in my application as soon as the cycle opened (June 4th). I took my DAT last weekend and was not as pleased as I'd like to be with my scores. Should I still send everything in as soon as the cycle opens next week, and just retake the DAT in August? Do I tell them that I'm re-taking the DAT so they will consider that with my application. I just don't know how my application will be reviewed for early admission with a low DAT score, so I dont know if I shouldn't send it in until I retake it.

Advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Ask the schools you are applying how they will handle this...some may wait for your second score some may not apparently? It'd be best to contact the schools I think

I have been planning to send in my application as soon as the cycle opened (June 4th). I took my DAT last weekend and was not as pleased as I'd like to be with my scores. Should I still send everything in as soon as the cycle opens next week, and just retake the DAT in August? Do I tell them that I'm re-taking the DAT so they will consider that with my application. I just don't know how my application will be reviewed for early admission with a low DAT score, so I dont know if I shouldn't send it in until I retake it.

Advice would be appreciated. Thank you
There is actually a space on the application where you can fill in when your upcoming test date is if you're planning on retaking the test!